how many miles

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by atcspaul, Oct 4, 2007.

how many miles

Poll closed Jan 2, 2008.
  1. 0-300

5 vote(s)
  2. 300-600

9 vote(s)
  3. 600-1000

1 vote(s)
  4. 1000-2000

6 vote(s)
  5. more then 2000

7 vote(s)
  1. atcspaul

atcspaul Guest

how many miles on your bike before a major overhaul. also those with a lot of miles maybe some ideas on what you may be doing different to have last so long
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2007

2. every 500 or so miles I have tightened everything, lubed it up and recently
    I had to put new clutch pad buttons in becuase of my riding style (I wasn't pedal starting each time)
  3. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I have a Staton-Inc. friction drive with a Mitsu 43cc. 900 miles+. I've worn out a tire and the roller is getting pretty shiny and smooth, but the motor is goin strong.
  4. atcspaul

atcspaul Guest

i just broke 300 and love this. my car and truck just sit in the driveway and take the bike everywhere. i want it to last as long as posible. it dies i buy another but would rather this one take me a long way :D
  5. spunout

spunout Member

believe it or not, i have over 6,000 miles on my kingsmotorbikes 70cc. all thats been done is re-adjust the clutch, by tightening the pressure-plate nut. started misfiring and leaking oil 7-8 weeks ago, so it now needs a ring job.
  6. davidsis

davidsis Guest

I like my bike too. I love it when my wife forgets to get groceries. But if I forget something she thinks I am making an excuse to ride the bike.
  7. drimpact

drimpact Member

1600 miles and counting (slowly) on my first bike(Kings). 400 and climbing fast on my newest(Dax).

I am diligent about my oil mixtures, Check my engines nuts and studs before every ride. oh yeah I rarely ride anyway but Wide Open Throttle! I also kill my motor with the choke to detect air leaks ASAP.

No rebuilds for me yet. Only the usual exhaust gasket issue, Bent chains replaced, and 1 throttle cable replaced. The 1600 mile motor seems to have lost a MPH or three, but will still keep up with my new bike
  8. atcspaul

atcspaul Guest

killling engine with choke? how does that tell you if their is an air leak. thanks in advance i am learning everyday.
  9. azbill

azbill Active Member

if you choke it(block air), and it still runs, the air is getting there somehow...must be a leak
  10. atcspaul

atcspaul Guest

11. atcspaul

atcspaul Guest

i read in another thread that the newer engines the choke does not completely close air supply and bike will still idle with choke on, trying to figure out if i have an air leak. question is should i pull the air cleaner of and close the air intake thatway to check for a leak? thanks in advance
  12. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

You could spray some starter fluid around the connection of the carb to the intake manifold while the engine is running. That should result in a change in RPM if there is a leak.
  13. thatsdax

thatsdax Guest

once you get around 300 miles or so..

Once you get to 300 miles or so. Go to a Synthetic 2 stroke oil Like Amsoil. Amsoil also burns really clean with little or no exhaust smoke at all. Then your engine should last for a good long time. Do not use Synthetic oil from the start or your engine will not break in. So.. You need to use a Natural organic based 2 stroke oil Like Valvoline for the first gallon or two then switch over to a synthetic 2 stroke. Amsoil is only 9 or 10usd for a quart and mix 30:1 after break in Enjoy the ride..
  14. minibiker

minibiker Guest

i put 800 miles on mine in 2.5 months andive had it for a year my best advice is listen to what it tells you if something sounds funny find the source if possible BABY THE **** OUT OF IT till you can get it home and fix it (a good repair kit always helps:) )
  15. mikesbike

mikesbike Guest

I'm pushing 4000 miles on my 48cc. Its been running two years now. I run the Amsoil. Mine run's pretty darn good once its warmed up. Its very high maintainance! I carry a complete tool kit and extra plug at all times.
  16. greguk

greguk Member

My answer is: who knows. The slower you ride the engine gets less lubrication, the faster - is overheated. This chines cheap metal engines can be wrong assembled in China
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2007
  17. try1897

try1897 Guest

Tom in W.V. I have an 80cc (cough!) from Kings with a summers worth of hard riding on it . I would guess 2000 to 2500 miles a least and still going strong. Its had a few minor problems, the chain snaped and caused the motor mount bolt to brake and need drilled and tapped out and the chain replaced. Several gaskets melted and have been replaced. But all and all its still king of the pile around here. The other motor the Dac's 65cc runns real good but is only 1200 to 1500 miles old. It is a little less powerful but runs really smooth and idels like a champ. It has bushings in the top end so I run it with a full 8 oz.of oil to the gal. of gas. Thats 16 to one thats alot thats dax. Its a fun little engine and so if it blows it won't be from lack of oil!.......Tom in West by God Virginia
  18. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I just passed 1,000 on my Staton ,friction, Mitsu 43cc. It's like the Eveready Bunny. I ride WOT most of the time. Sometimes up to 40 miles at a stretch.
  19. smitty

smitty Guest

Just reaching 1000 mi. (King's). I've had no problems. I too ride WOT most of the time.
  20. BSA

BSA Guest

Me old villiers manual says overhaul every 500 miles. I'm nearly certain that the chinese engines aren't as tough as villiers engines so I'd say 300-500 miles for an overhaul. If you keep the mixing ratio at 20-1 I reckon it'll last a lot longer, with a slight loss of power perhaps.