How many mods have you done to your Whizzer?

Wow!! How can I follow Quenton, Motorbike Mike & Ren!! You guys have nice bikes.
Well here goes:
99 WC1
NE upgrade (with Quenton's special touch, tweaks ,what's the correct term?)
26mm carb
Hi Flow muffler insert
NE cam advanced 1 tooth
automatic clutch
tachometer
updated crankcase breather
tappet cover work to make it stop leaking
bolt & nut in exhaust mainfold so exhaust pipe stops falling off

I'll never be done. Quenton told me at the Rally "you have to decide how far you want to go". With me there's no end. Especially after I rode Quenton's wheelie machine at his house. The latest thing that haunts me is the cylinder Quenton showed me at his house that had the intake bored out to 26 mm all the way into the valve (I think I have that right).

Last edited:
Hi Jay,
There ya go again.......stretching the facts, ha ha ha. The "short" straight intake port is only 25.4 MM [1"], but after I polish it a few more times it might get closer to the 26 MM, after all .6 MM is only .0236". When you mount a 26 MM carburetor and increase the intake valve to 1.338" [34 MM] things tend to get very radical.

Have fun,

I don't even know anymore... I can't keep straight which engine went to which bike...
LOL! Usual whiz mod.s but now I've got two of 'em all torn apart- The wc1 from the x-country adventure is in pieces in a box on the shelf in my shop above the bike it powered; my Quenton Special ne5 is half disassembled as is the 1950 DX it's mounted on. The almost stock ne5 is in a box untouched waiting for something.

Added a couple more

I have a 2007 NE5 with the following mods.
Enlarged the restrictor plate,
Manifold kit cut down to 1/2 inch and made all new gaskets from carb to motor for better flow,
Upgraded fuel line,
Hi-flow muffler insert,
Head milled and reworked and a copper head gasket,
Modified mushroom lifters,
Cam was already advanced one tooth, reassembled the same way,
Aftermarket crankcase breather,
Iridium spark plug,
Needle clip moved to second notch from top,
K&N air filter,
Modified clutch hub,
Charge port next to the right hand side of the battery cover for easy charging of the battery,
Deluxe hand grips,
Turn signals,
tachometer,
Luggage rack,
Taillight cover,
NOS Whizzer leather electrical cover with Whizzer embossed on the right side,
Clamp on style mirror,
Leather tool bag,
Leather saddle bags,
Model A taillight,
Insulating heat wrap on the exhaust,
Removed the gas cap vent,
Painted the heat shield and belt cover,

I think that's about it.

Randy

2005 Ne5
Quenton milled head
copper head gasket
hi flo muffler insert
corian restrictor plate, opened up
mushroom lifters
maxxis hookworm tires
sturmey archer front drum brake
nexus 3 speed internal shifter coaster
new aluminum wheels and 10g ss spokes
removed rear fender and mounted taillight and signals onto rear rack
front leather tool bag
k&n air filter
cam advanced 1 tooth
halcyon goggles
upgraded fuel line
soon to add tach
new handlebar (semi straight)
:helmet:

Screech

OK this is from my faded / jaded /feeble memory...

Original bike a (1960something) I think 68 Schwinn Phantom.
Originally built for a speed builders contest with rules governing - NO Manufacturers Logos.. Hence the Schwinn headbadge was / is Upside Down.
It took 1st place. Originally built by Dave Miller Concepts Fullerton CA. He sells his Mini Bonanza Old school mini bikes with the Hodaka Super Rat 100 cc motors for over 5,000.00.

Then I got IT!!

WC1 was upgraded to Qs early NE head, with mushrooms, early high lift cam. 26 mm carb.
No regrets.....It does 50 mph no problem.
Rear wheel replaced with a freewheeler so Hydro disk brake could be used. I like to pedal backwards.
Brooks 99 saddle (they stopped making these due to high cost/low sales) 149 LIRA holy motha that was over 220 $$ American Schlotskis...
Whizzer USA auto-clutch (what a JOKE) untill the MASTER Quenton (Lee) did his magical bearing race hardened miracle fix. Two trips to the East Coast.. Don't ASK!!
New tires Dyna Fireballs. You don't need a flat. So take all preventative measures, plastic liners, heavy duty everything. (If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand)
All new levers / and or modified stock ****..

Was it worth it? To Me it was / is..... It's not done yet. But man what a RIDE...
It is still a work in progress.

IMG_0975.jpg

Your Turn

Thanks Bill. I've admired your bikes too - so share some of those secrets here.

whatt dual pipe

Zomby i would love to see how you did the dual pipes thats hot. I want to do that. Is it noisy?

Brandon Friedman
Long Island, New York

Duals

I currently have them apart making some rear sheath adjustments. I'll take some pics as I reassemble them. They are made in 4 pieces. I really like the way they sound. Pretty throaty but not obnoxius.

Back