How many of us did this.......

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by locoWelder, May 6, 2007.

Did you do it?

1. You did something eles

2. Yes I did it

1. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Remember back in the days when we smaller,I wont say kids cause some of us haven't grown up yet, remember putting playing cards in the spokes of our bikes to make that cool sound

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

if you didn't, you prolly aren't here anyway :p

i was thinking about doing it last week when i had to pedal everywhere :lol:

ps-you get a better turnout if you give people who don't vote in polls an option :lol: :lol:
  3. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Thank Dogg, I'm tring to get the hang of things around here its already 100+ here so my shop time is more like 3 am to 7am so the rest of the time I'm online , do they have internetaholics yet?
  4. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

yup i did it tooo :p
  5. OldPete

OldPete Guest

The young'ens are a little too kewl for that today. Looking back, it was kinda hokey..but fun. :grin:

In the early '60s Mattel made a plastic engine that hung from the top tube and made battery operated sounds.. Hahaha!
  6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

7. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I always had a big enough mouth to make my own engine sounds. :lol:
    Besides, my folks woulda skinned me for breaking up a deck of cards.
  8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

my parents ran with the gin & squirt/pinochle crowd...they were pretty picky about the cards, so the whole neighborhood had plenty of cast-offs...i'd love to be able to post some pics of this flashback, we'd plaster them along the whole stay...wutta ruckus 5 or 6 of us would make on a summer's day :D
  9. OldPete

OldPete Guest

OT in OT :grin:

Goldwing riders have been known to use casset tapes with a Harley sound track. Hahaha!
    Best Harley anti-theft dee-vice? A Honda Goldwing motorcycle cover. :cool:

YEP, that's the one augi.

Time for breakfast, then clean the garage/bench for the arrival of parts.
  10. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

I will look in the old photo album...
  11. lotsa_mpg

lotsa_mpg Guest

Yep, I did that a time or two. I also remember doing stupider things like seeing what would happen if I rubbed my front tire up against my buddies rear wheel when we were both pedalling as hard as we could on a gravel road......I think I still have a few small stones imbedded in my rump from that escapade.

12. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

hey pete

the smart thief whould steal the goldwing instead! runs better, costs less!! :grin:
  13. wanger

wanger Guest

more likley who hassent
  14. Karamil

Karamil Guest

I love sound of a hog but for reliability and comfort honda wins hands down as long as 2 things are watched closely.

Change that timing belt even when you don't think you need to. If it ever does break while going down the road you are going to be replacing valves and possible pistons.

Hope you never ever ever ever burn you stator out. That sucker is located in the center of the engine and is a royal PITA to get to. So much so i've seen some older wings with a rigged outside alternator since fabbing one of those up can be less expensive and less labor intensive then pulling the stator.
  15. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

You bet I did!

And I had forgotten all about those imitation motors, but I remember them now. Seems to me I thought those were pretty cool.
  16. MoonHog

MoonHog Member

I had to steal the family UNO cards since we didn't have playing cards. Needless to say, after a summer of stealing a few cards here and there, UNO was a short game.
  17. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

yes -- that (sweet card sound) so we thought anyway

was getting us ready for the REAL THING

kids have a way of knowing what they want..

isn't it fun watching those little ones light up with joy as they say

ride that thing
  18. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Yup, I did it too. The funny thing I saw recently was one day I was riding my Whizzer around the neighborhood. Before I even put the bike away, several kids started riding their bicycles around with cards in the spokes.
  19. n8ygn

n8ygn Member

The old bike card trick

I sure did I wonder how many mikey mantel and willey mays cards I chewed up that way, as a matter of fact I just showed my grandson that trick the other day. He thought it was the coolest thing he's seen. I showed him how to use card board though! not my ball cards. Dane
  20. Russntustin

Russntustin New Member

Yea...but the cards had to be new and crisp! We would attach four cards with clothes-pins. What a sound! Ya had to have the little pieces of leather strap around the axles to keep em' shiny too.