How many of us....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Guest, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

....have wives/signifigant others like this?

MY wife keeps telling me I need to take a long bike trip. She's talking about the big bike, not the small motoredbike, which I ride two of daily as part of my mental health regimine.

She says "Honey, you don't want to be sitting here in our golden years saying 'I wished I'd have taken that ride', do you?" and "We've been through enough crap and you really need to do this, I'm going to MAKE you go."

I know she doesn't have an alterior motive, trust me, and the money is not a problem, she is just one of those rare individuals that wants to see me happy as a lemon. She says that she, the girls (whom are adults) and the dogs will be O.K. if I take off for a month to see the U.S. of A.

So why do I not feel right when I think about this trip? Do I have some kind of complex like a zoo animal set free in the wild, or is it I have so many options, it makes my head hurt just thinking about it (like which bike/scooter and where to go).

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

sounds like you got a winner better half :D
    my ex would've shot me for askin something like that :lol: :lol: :lol:
  3. lotsa_mpg

lotsa_mpg Guest

Great lady you have there, Joe. If my wife had been anything like her, I might still be married. Take some time off, get her and yourself on that bike....and go for it.
  4. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Sounds like my wife. Go for it! She's right about the golden years...

Live life like you want, don't finish life having wanted.

I've had a near death experience on my bike but I never let it slow me down. I just wouldn't be happy if I were to stop riding or doing what I wanted.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Well.....she won't be going with me, she has no gypsy blood and isn't a traveller such as myself. Too bad, I wish she would go. I haven't gone on a trip like this before because of that reason and she says GO.

I too had a near death experience thanks to one drunken biotch named Norma Sweet who caused this-[​IMG]

So the last ten years have been a bonus.
  6. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Ohio is next to Indiana, and both are oughta think about the National meet on July 11 in Portland Indiana.

I'm 74-78% confirmed, and it would take me 4 days of medium to heavy travel to arrive. Uncle Punk (Rif) is already on the road I'm thinking.

Anyway, that would be my choice if I was that close to the hoosier cornfields.
  7. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

BTW: I was on the board when your Posting Odometer flipped from 999 to 1000.

Congrats. :grin:

We should have some kinda trophy like that one Azkronic lugs around with him.
  8. azbill

azbill Active Member

haha :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was gonna stop posting it after vinnie won, but I am proud of winning !!!
    if it gets to be too much...just tell me and I will try not to ignore you :p :p :p
  9. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

:lol: guys...we know what happens when we give credence to post-count... :D

joe...does your wife have a sister? :wink: :lol:
  10. JosephGarcia

JosephGarcia Guest

You must visit! I can pay you back in person

11. Chopper

Chopper Guest

Oh brother!.... my wife wants to know where I've been if I go out for more than fifteen miinutes!!!
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

No credence given to my post fact I saw it and said "man I got to get a life" :lol:

Yes, my wife has a sister, but she's not-so-the-same-as-my-wife....heh heh.

BTW- it took them 45 minutes to get me out of that car, I did that to the steering wheel with my chest, even though I had my seatbelt on! No heartbeat for 2-3 minutes, even though I was fully awake, sorta....freaky.

I walk with a pretty good limp now, but that's why I have a motor on the bike. I can't pedal too far or too fast.

Anyhow, I'll be on the road around the end of July, headed to one of my favorite places, The Outer Banks, then down the east coast to who knows where, then on to?????
  13. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

wives/ husbands

well if my guy wanted to go say to arizona or back east cross country, i would be there with him, and the dog would be too lol. I too almost died on a moped in 79! But i am not afraid to get on and go...I would probably be stuck working and would not be able anyway!

I took my first 20 mile ride the other day to pay pud (aliass pacific graft and extortion)it was cool... :cool:

what a cool bunch of people in here...happy motoring all, and may you all be safe from the "foolio" next to wreck was a side swipe hit and run!
    Take care :p
  14. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Well me and Wendy have talked about it and when the kids have grown and moved out we would love to bike the US all lower 48 and maybe Canada but that looks to be 18+ years now , Can you just see us tring it with the kids! :???: :sad: