How many of you fine folks are in the Vancouver, Washington area

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ibdennyak, Jan 23, 2011.

1. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

I may have the opportunity to move down there. Looking for a bit of local flavor. Thanks. Denny

2. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Member

4 of us so far in Salem OR area

Hi there are 4 of us so far in the Salem OR area plus a few in Portland, lake O, Corvallis (2), Eugene, Woodburn and one in Roseburg. check out my page on this forum for more info. One of our guys started a facebook page as well. Ive seen posts from at least 6 in WA and they had a gathering there last summer near Longview. Look under the lets ride threads of this forum to find them.

3. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Well, alrighty then. Look like I won't be the lone stranger. I've heard that the Vancouver-Portland is very bike friendly. True????? Also curious as to your opinion of the local economy. Hope to meet you guys shortly.

Currently riding a modified stretch with a Titan and Nuvinci, a pusher with a RS and SA hub, and am working on a kinda sorta chopper with a 49cc Lifan automatic. Also have a bunch of treasures that may not go with me. Moving is a pain. :icon_cry:

Thanks for the reply.

4. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Member

Portland is ok

Vancouver is more economically depressed I think but it sounds like you have a job(cargomaster?) Portland is ok, the cops are way to busy with gangstas to mess with motorbikers and there are tons of bicyclists. In Salem our provincial constabularies are bored and would jack us for revenue. But I'm 100% street legal so f*#k em. There are lots of small farm roads for riding whenever it not all soggy it rains way to much but there are 3 or 4 dry months. Good luck and happy landings come see us if you get a chance.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  5. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Heh heh.....Cargomaster is a good friend of mine. He has an excellent job. I will be seeking employment though. I do have some perks, but still need some cash. :annoyed: Why wasn't I born rich instead of.....well, I ain't rich either. :whistling:

Looking forward to seeing you guys. And some real live gangstas instead of the wannabes around here. Pretty lame when a 60 yo guy can intimidate a gangsta. :devilish: