How many of you pedal your motored bike?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by sparky, Apr 5, 2008.

?

How often do you pedal your motored bike?

1. I pedal quite a bit when I could still use the engine

23.3%
  2. I only pedal when starting from a dead stop

40.0%
  3. I only pedal when I have to

40.0%
  4. I only pedal when I run outta gas

6.7%
  5. I only pedal when my engine won't start

3.3%
  6. I only pedal when my neighbors are sleeping

3.3%
  7. I never pedal

3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sparky

sparky Active Member

I'm curious how often you guys pedal your bikes after adding motors to 'em.

I got a double freewheel setup just so I wouldn't have to worry about holding the clutch lever in just to pedal a short distance down the road.

I'd imagine most people wouldn't pedal unless they needed to. I've pedaled almost 3 miles when I ran outta gas one time, and that's with crappy 36t crank sprocket & rear 16t freewheel. Not very good gearing right now, but that will change too. I pedal around the neighborhood still when it's dark. I also fake pedal when I pass cops!

How often do you pedal?

2. I need to lose weight so yes I pedal often. I get good mileage on my Happy Time because of this.

3. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

i pedal assist all take offs to save wear & tear on clutches ect!

4. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Sometimes i get this incredible urge to just get out there and pedal like crazy.........fortunately i manage to supress it till it goes away. ;)

5. spad4me

spad4me Member

I lost 80 lbs .
    Cheapest most fun excersize machine I ever used.
    97 percent engine 3 percent leg power.
    I ride from 8:00 to noon almost every day.

6. sparky

sparky Active Member

You lost 80 lbs using 3% leg power?!? That's both awesome & shocking.

I bet the balancing act alone with 100% engine still tones our bodies.

7. I actually gained some weight. Maybe I should eat less lol!

8. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I pedal when passing the police station. On my Trek I pedal taking off, and when going up hills. On the trike, I sometimes pedal taking off.

9. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

i got another bike to pedal. i dont have a free wheel, so there is way too much ristance. i pedaled hole 1 mile, cause i run outa gas, and i felt like a limp noodle! on my racin bike, i could brobablly keep up around 30 though.

10. decompiler

decompiler Member

I will definitely be helping my bicycle along. I weigh 269 pounds right now. And because there are so many long hills where i live, my poor little motor will need all the help it can get.

Besides, I also need all the exercize I can get. Hopefully I can begin losing weight again. I'm just not in good enough shape to pedal all around town unassisted.

11. Demosthenese

Demosthenese Guest

i dont run an idle; i pedal start every time i hit a stop sign or a red, but apart from that and when i'm out of gas... it's too much fun really.

12. sabrewalt

sabrewalt Guest

I pedal on slow speed streets

For exercise I pedel on slower streets..
    On major roads I let the engine attempt to keep me with traffic flow so it is going to fast to pedal assist.
    Always pedal start.

13. hellbilly

hellbilly Guest

If I am not in a big hurry I like to pedal on the flats or coast down hills. I pedal from stops to save on clutch parts, but if there's a hill or a strong wind, I just let out the clutch and enjoy the ride. I pick and choose because I'm lazy.

14. It's funny when I roll down a big hill with the clutch in how much faster I go without engine.