how many times have u been pulled over

Discussion in 'Laws, Legislation & Emissions' started by bird, Nov 28, 2006.

1. bird

bird Guest

well for me getting accross town is kinda like capture the flag. every day i ride about 10 miles to school then back. the crappy part about that is the city of tucson regulated on motorized bikes after spookytooth cycles flooded the streets with about 200 of them. the worst rule they put on the bikes was a speed limit of 20mph which is bullshit. this is why getting to school and back has become kinda a game to me. i try to ride as fast as i can with out getting caught.

some days ive been caught tho. i got caught running a red light and got my bike impounded i got a 1300 dollor ticket and 6 sitations. then i lied to the cop and told her i was a minor because she told me that i would of gone to jail if i was 18 but yea what ever i tricked her. ive been pulled over about 7 times, the 3rd being the worst having to get my bike out of 30 day impound was the biggest pain in the ass ive even went threw. 200 dollors to get my bike out the next day. i went to court and beat my ticket and didnt have to pay any more fines.

After that i got pulled over for going 22 up hill cuz i saw the cop point his radar gun at me so i locked up the breaks and coasted by. but they still busted me with a warning. the worst are motorcycle cops those guys hate us. the guy who pulled me over for going 22 had a little notebook with a drawling of a car, motorcycle and motorized bike at the top and he put a little tally mark next to about 8 more, what a jerk. i know for a fact they dont like us my friends neighbor is a motorcycle cop but he only pulls over commercial vehicals. but he was talking about how all the other bike cops hate us and love busting our asses.

ive had about 5 cops pull up next to me and match my speed one said i was going 35 when it felt like 15 to 20 but you know what ever. the other day 2 cops in one day matched my speed it was pretty lame. i can say ive had over a dosen run ins with the cops in the last couple months just for riding a bike. pretty lame. some of you guys are lucky that the cops dont even take a second look at you for rideing down the street. wish i had it that way.

2. try1897

try1897 Guest

Bird , What a bummer! The hassels of the big city are all upon you man. I hate the cops when they pull that sh!t. Its like they got nothing better to do?Why can't they go catch somebody doing something wrong. No THEY gotta hassel US. And I've found out over the years that you can't fight um . They got all the trump cards. I guess I'm lucky to live in the town of nowhere , in the state of Confusion. This is Hicksville USA in West by God Virginia. Well truthfully I live in an area of Urban Sprall. Lots of new housing. The highschools are growing by 300 to 400 students a year. But I ride the only motorized bike around , so far , and the cops look at me but thats all. I here that there is a guy with a rear engine bike in the next town over but we haven't crossed paths yet. Everyone asks me about my bike so its just a matter of time and I'll start to see more of them and then the cops will probably get after us. Tom in WV

3. bird

bird Guest

yea i cant realy get away every where i go people are asking me about my bike the most common is what is the motor out of or how fast does it go and when i tell them it pushes about 45 they look at me like im crazy. its even worse when i ride the sidecar. i go to the store and i cant get in or it takes twice as long because people are all over it.

4. Rush hour going home around 5pm there is usually a cop on the main street I ride uphill to go home, but they only look at me I don't have my sticker so I hope they don't pull me over man...

5. bird

bird Guest

today was a rush getting home there was a cop walking accros the road with his car in a parking lot of this gas station pretty far away. i didnt see him till he poped out right in front of me trying to stop me cuz i was going way to fast. when i saw him pop out it kinda startled me to i just blew past him and took off then he started running tword his car so i crossed a main street and went threw a dirt lot a down an ally an lost him. ahahha soo funny.

6. steveadicks

steveadicks Guest

Ive been pulled over once. The cop asked me alot of questions and told me to pedal it home because i didn't have a light, or a muffler.

7. So far I have just waved and they wave back.

8. Tom

Tom Active Member

Same. I think they would be pissed if there were a lot of them all over the place though. I think there are only one or 2 others in this town.

9. daveinblythe

daveinblythe Guest

the cops pretty much leave me alone....Califonia is lax on motor bicycle laws just obey posted speed and stay under 30 in town......it also helps to build one for the dare program

10. yup... america is the country of laws.

If you wanna go faster then 30 on the bicycle, then get a motorcycle.

In other countries, they don't care if i go 60 or 100 on a bicycle.

11. sherryc8641

sherryc8641 Guest

So far I have ridden my gas bike for around 4 days. And out of thoes 4 days a neighbore at 8:00 or 9:00 P.M. called the police.
    When the cop at the end of the street probably 1 or 1 1/2 football fields away from me I spotted him. So I killed my engine as fast as I could. When the cop was just behind me I was pedeling like it was a regular bike. Then I pulled over onto someone's property and acted it was my house. Luckly he just passed me and turned down the street.
    But for know I'm not riding my bike mostly at one spot any more.
    Keep your eyes out for cops expecially in New Jersey since they like messing with you! They are stupid though so it is easy to trick them in my past expirences.

12. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Looks like we have our "test case". Better get that "49 cc or less" metal tag etched on your engine......

So, New Jersey wants to play.

"Your honor, I am a member of MB.com, and we are developing a true hybrid vehicle for the twenty first century......." "AND will go all the way to the Supreme Court to defend our freedom to ride".

Fill in the middle part as you go along, bada boom bada bing....buffalo them with b.s. :grin:

I see a legal hallmark (unless they measure the cc thing).

13. Blaze

Blaze Guest

I got a ticket from a motorcycle cop in Orange County, CA. No helmet (that was my own fault 'cuz it's actually required here), no registration, and no insurance (I actually had a motorcycle license on me, so no ticket there). I went to traffic court to plead not guilty, but when I told the judge it was a bicycle with a 2-stroke motor on it, and not a motorcycle, he just dismissed the whole thing. As he looked at the ticket, I politely told him that the make of the bike, "Nirve", is a bicycle company, and the VIN number was really just a number the officer wrote down from a sticker on the bike. That pretty much ended it.

Not bad I guess, considering I drove it all over that neighborhood for over a year and only got stopped once.

14. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

IF I ever do get a ticket, or get a court dismissal, I'd laminate that judgment and carry it around in the travel pack for FUTURE use, like a certificate of immunity..... :cool:

Tell the officer- "hey, been there, done that........." :grin:

15. nogoodnic42

nogoodnic42 Guest

In such a case I think it wouldn't be a good idea to point a judge to MB.com. There is alot of 80cc talk here and not to mention the bolt on ID plates. just my .02...Kelly

16. i have only seen some cops while riding mine once i was doing 20 just cruising then i passed a cop on a bike i opend it up the next 2 miles to my girlfreinds house dont even no if he tryed to catch me didnt look back
    id say if given the chance to run and you wernt doing anything else to give the rest of us a bad name and u know you can get alway then run!!!!!!

17. Running is always a bad idea. If they want you they will get you. As the old saying goes: You might out run the motor but you can't out run the Motorola.

18. Cookie

Cookie Guest

What is fun is riding down the street and here come 2 motorcycle cops one on each side with my blue bike in the middle and their blue bikes on either side it was funny looking (epically since I carry a bright orange water pistol in a holster snapped to my bike for dogs....the gun is filled with ammonia water lol). We talked as we road down the road they got a call and took off but it was fun to see the looks on peoples faces.

Cookie

19. try1897

try1897 Guest

Hi All, I remember a time many years ago I was a hippy lookin teen riding my Triumph 650 bober thru rural Georgia and got pulled over by the local law and this big fat cop walked up to the bike and looked it over and said " you ain't from round here is you boy" Man I had a bad bad feeling about this one. You gotta remember this took place in 68 / 69 and I was a northerner scared shi*less . Well but it this way I thought I was headed for a road gang at the least. As it turned out I got ticketed for no fenders improper exaust no speedo speeding and a couple of others I don't remember. They let me pay cash for the tickets and let me go , then followed me for 60 miles or so and finally turned off. I bet they put their copys of the tickets in the trash and pocketed the cash. At least they left me with enough gas money to get outa there.

20. Tom

Tom Active Member

If you were on a fast motorcycle, you probably would be able to ditch the cop if you had a good close place to hide your bike. But these motoredbikes arent that fast, so I would never run, unless you can turn down some alleyway and quickly hide your bike without being seen. I usually just start moving my feet like im pedaling so it looks like a regular bike.