How many women/ladies/girls on this forum??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grinningremlin, Oct 18, 2012.

1. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

The Professor's question, and Fabians riotous comments made me curious, are there any women here?If not I'd say it gives Fabians comments some iron.Reading "Edwards" unbelievably well-written story (the guy says he works in a scrap yard but writes like a Louis L'Amour reincarnation) I have to believe they are out there somewhere.Anyone??

2. Ludwig II

Ludwig II Member

There are very very few on powered two wheelers of any kind. Occasionally you'd see them in the racing I did, and while perhaps 3 of them over the years were fast enough, most are so slow and wobbly they were a danger to themselves. This is not a criticism or attack on women, if any read this, just an observation from personal experience.

It's the same with engineering, how many women do any of you know that positively enjoy mending broken machinery, or improving the function of things that already work?

3. BchCruizer

BchCruizer Banned

My wife and 2 of sisters ride!

4. grinningremlin

Bch, you fortunate son of a,.... ARGGGGGG!Lud, yeah a guy can dream can't he, the only woman I know of like you speak is a transgender, but that's still XY and don't count.Gives her one h.e.l.l. of an advantage now that she races in the girls division, when she was a he, he was one of the best motorcyclists/race car drivers I've ever come across.

5. BchCruizer

BchCruizer Banned

I never said they were any good at it! trans genders? I hope not..all this time i thought that was a flashlight poking me in the back when i sleep..

6. grinningremlin

BA HA HA HA HA HA!Not for the squeamish, but the ol' chop'N'drill is more common than you think, some you would never guess "that dude is the hottest chick I've ever seen!", check for adams apple, foot and hand size, if bigger than yours and not of Nordic descent it's time for Q and A.

7. Mary

Mary New Member

I don't like the tone of this thread

I don't post here very often and perhaps I should have just passed on the question, are there any women here. Yes, guys, there are women here and they are not as you have suggested! I guess people can post any thing and not be called on it.

Samdallas214 likes this.
  8. Richard H.

Richard H. Member

Forget it Mary, this place is a shell of what it used to be. Hope to see you over at AD's place.

9. grinningremlin

Mary, good to know, sorry for any offense taken. I'm sure you know of men's silly ways, and at no time do I think ALL women are lumped into one vein, but you can't tell me you haven't come to similar conclusions about many or your gender.

Richard, it seems you think things should appear a certain way, good luck with that, and your self induced high blood pressure/ulcers.BTW did you laugh at my other post, or did you come to the conclusion you may be stuffy?

10. Mary

Mary New Member

Yes, i am sorry to say but I agree with you. It's too bad.

11. Ludwig II

Ludwig II Member

From Lady Mary Wortley Montagu, an 18th C writer and traveller: "The one thing that reconciles me to the fact of being a woman is the reflexion that it delivers me from the necessity of being married to one."

There is nothing at all wrong with being a woman, nor is there anything wrong with being a man, but the fact exists, incontrovertibly, that whether genetically or culturally, different attitudes in general exist between MOST men and women; not all, but most. I'm glad to have anybody along who takes life as it comes and doesn't want special exceptions made for them on the grounds of "I'm a girl and you've got to be nice to me". I try to be nice to everybody.

12. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

Mary I just wanted you to know not all men are male chauvinist pigs. I know a few women that could go toe to toe with most men on repairing engine's, pluming, electric, and so on.
    In fact Bikeberry has a women that help me get a engine to start after 2 different BB men could not help me get it to start the men gave up and wanted me to box it up and send it back to them,After over an hour with the men she had it started in less then 15 minutes.
    Now to grinningremlin, about the Adam's Apple and the big hand and feet post.
    If you knew anything about women, then you would know that some women has an Adams Apple and big hand and feet, that does not make them any less a woman, no more than a man with no Adam's Apple and small hands and feet makes them any less a man.

13. grinningremlin

Sam, the hand/foot/apple thing, it was a joke, do you understand humor?Oh yeah I forgot, you base everything about everybody based on your small experience.You sir need a surgically implanted helmet, or some surgically implanted wit, a little dictionary wouldn't hurt ya.Why anyone would be offended by some anonymous person is beyond me, I couldn't care less.If y'all keep going he way of "nice nice" and not realizing things can be mean-spirited fun we'll all go the way of the arabs, offend and get something cut off, lighten the @#$% up!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  14. Ludwig II

Ludwig II Member

I was busking on a railway station . I'm English, there was a Scotsman and a New Zealander. I thought, is somebody trying to be funny?

15. Ludwig II

Ludwig II Member

I accept I'm going to tread on toes here, but the world is a hard enough place as it is. I come from a culture where the art of cheerful and robust insult is a game that is part of daily life; I find the constriction of nicey nicey political correctness to be beyond irksome.

I am a common Englishman, happy and confident in the use of language as a form of slapstick. Please, don't try and rein me in, it's not natural!

16. Richard H.

Richard H. Member

Then perhaps a joke and humor forum would be best suited. Barring that there is an 'off topic discussion' page here where stuff like used to go. What has any of this to do with the general discussion of motored bikes? I certainly don't come here for humor, less for lame humor, but I guess with the lack of substance on that topic, that's all that's left.

17. Ludwig II

Ludwig II Member

We are human and prone to digression. Please, don't be over sensitive, any of you. The world is not against you in general, and very few individuals in particular. Laughter is suppressed in authoritarian regimes because it can't be controlled. Are you authoritarians or in favour of freedom?

18. grinningremlin

OK, it's just so sad to me how everyone has gotten so soft and easily offended, soon going to be illegal, goodbye comedians; Rich, you know you don't HAVE to read these.I'm a dying breed so you'll soon have your constant pabulum of sensibility stroking, I truly feel sorry for the humorless.I suppose most now are Eloy and I am Morlock, and will eat you.

19. grinningremlin

Luds last sentence is put beautifully.

20. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Richard, you need to get with the program - a good part of the humour found in life is found by reflection on the issues at a later time.
    Back when you were young, your parents probably gave a good paddling on the backside when you did something wrong - it might have been traumatic at the time, but in reflection with years gone past, it most likely provides great humour.

People come here for various reasons: some have a germanic focus - they get the information they need and then leave to complete the project. Some people have an Italian focus - they like to create a little drama, or maybe a lot of drama, simply for the sake of being dramatic. Some people have an English focus - they like to participate and contribute to the forum community and have a great sense of dry humour, which sometimes doesn't sit well with everyone.

We are all here for our own reasons; a bit of humour being one of them!