How much compression do you have with standard head and RockSolidEngines Billet Head

Fabian

Local time
5:45 PM
G'day all

I'm curious if people who have bought the Rock Solid Engines, billet cylinder head, can do a compression test and give the compression reading in PSI.

If you have a standard cylinder head, do the same thing and let me know what reading you are getting.

If you don't know, the correct way to measure engine compression is to screw your compression gauge into the sparkplug hole and hold the throttle in the wide open position (full throttle) whilst pedaling the engine over quickly or just ride and drop the clutch if you have a single speed drive system.

Cheers Fabian

Last edited:
If you have installed a compression tester, you would be hard pressed to start the engine without a spark plug, hence you wouldn't need to press the kill switch.

G'day all

I'm curious if people who have bought the Rock Solid Engines, billet cylinder head, can do a compression test and give the compression reading in PSI.

If you have a standard cylinder head, do the same thing and let me know what reading you are getting.

If you don't know, the correct way to measure engine compression is to screw your compression gauge into the sparkplug hole and hold the throttle in the wide open position (full throttle) whilst pedaling the engine over quickly or just ride and drop the clutch if you have a single speed drive system.

Cheers Fabian

hi mate .
1 i ride a full rocksolid chainless an 50cc hp1 with billett head ...
my compression is much higher than standard 48..
top of 64kmh with 44 tooth rear ..
added a poo poo goes 55 kmh but much quicker at take off .
if u need help with tech ask tony at rocksolid
an u need a race piston for nos i have1 fitted ......

Hey GOTHICGUY64

Hows that racing piston working out.
Is it one of the ceramic coated ones from RockSolid.
I been looking at thoose.

Wouldn't mind having one.

Any input?

Test-rode mine today. Works well, starts better.
I have a compression gauge, but it's the type with a rubber tip, for holding against the plug hole - no thread. I'll enlist the help of the next visitor through the door to hold the gauge while I lift the rear wheel and try to spin it hard enough. I'll let you know how I go.
... Steve

Hi AussieSteve

I'll get myself a screw-in compression gauge and do a test on my Rock Solid Engine with Billet Head and post the results.

Be interesting to see how large or how small the compression variation is between engines and compression increase with the billet head over a standard head.

Fabian

Last edited:
I'll have a look for a screw-in type myself in the morning at SCA. They sound easier to use than mine.
Something I just thought of, though. My engine isn't fully run in yet, 290km so far, so compression might not be up to max. The top ring appears about half bedded in, but the bottom one looks like it has just been fitted. (Don't know if it'll make much difference.)
I've attached a pic with the head fitted for anyone who hasn't seen them yet.
... Steve

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bike-New Head.jpg
    Bike-New Head.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,002
Back