How much fun do you have riding?

Discussion in 'Travelling, Commuting & Safety' started by 2stroker, Jun 4, 2012.

1. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

I ride every day to work mainly for fun. It is nice saving the gas money. But i mainly ride for enjoyment. I cross the bridge in the mornings at 6:30 to the st.johns river and its nothing but pure beauty. Then i have a few mile ride through the back woods which is nice and spooky(spider web here and there). Then im at work!! Its a blast! Pure enjoyment!

2. james65

james65 Member

I am retired and I ride about 8mi every day. My route is a road that follows ocean. This winter was good, so I got in a lot of riding.
  3. Max-M

Max-M Member

I got into this hobby a few years ago, and it's one of the best things I ever did for myself. I ride to work frequently, and I'll ride around our coastal and back woods roads just for the joy of it as often as I can. It's also a lot of fun to ride in our touristy, busy little town and see the reactions of people of all ages -- they've usually got big smiles, and make positive comments.

I've had full-size motorcycles in the past, but those were never as much fun as my motorized bicycle is.
  4. 2strokejosh

2strokejosh Member

To much fun! I take my cruiser out as much as I can and when I do I take the longest route home and may pass my street and do a block first =D. I wish this rain would stop tho..
  5. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I have had a bunch of fun on my bike, but not after after two years of pain and heartache, taking me to the depths of despair with non-stop mechanical issues.

It took nothing less than religious conversion and an epiphany from one of gods angels; bringing me the blueprints for mechanical harmony and civility to finally realise true reliability.
  6. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

That didn't sound like fun. pain heartache depths of despair. I think you need to take up fishing my friend!:jester::jester:
  7. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

No, no, no, you're stuffing it up with interpretation: Now i am having fun: only after two years of pain and heartache, taking me to the depths of despair with non-stop mechanical issues.

and only after: a religious conversion and an epiphany from one of gods angels,
    and only after: one of gods angels; bringing me the blueprints for mechanical harmony and civility to finally realise true reliability.

It is only now that i'm having buckets of fun: motor bicycling being filled with rainbows and strawberry cheese cake at the end of it, with (chain driven) reliability to chase that rainbow all the way to the end.
  8. perilous

perilous Member

You do need to be able to depend on them, I would say very much fun, but I enjoy putting it all together almost as much.
  9. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

I know i was just giving ya a hard time. I love chasing rainbows!
  10. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

I enjoy putting it together the first time. Beyond that i just wanna ride. I turn enough wrenches at work. It is fun building stuff though. I like it when you gotta say ok my engine stopped running lets pul her off and figure it out. Theres nothing like making a broken engine pure like a kitty. Of course yals kit probally pure like a I just got a 26cc..hehe
  11. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

I really enjoy shorter rides; like a half hour or so. Longer rides are not as enjoyable. I enjoying tinkering and making brackets as much as the short rides.
  12. Greg58

Greg58 Member

I like riding in a group, three or four bikes get a lot of attention. We have had people turn around and follow us to ask what we were riding. I once came out of a super market and found a gentleman taking pictures of my bike, he though it was a early motorcycle.
  13. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Longest day ride was 10 hours in the saddle.
  14. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

10 hours! a-s-s of steel!
  15. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

I rode with ten people the other night it was awesome. We sounded like a swarm of bee's coming down the road. People we past would come out to the road to see waving and smiling as we all rode by. It was cool.
  16. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

Ouch! Thats a long ride! I bet you had to stretch when you were done! I bet it was fun though! rollin in the 12 wheeler!
  17. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Everytime I ride I smile. I like long stretches with nobody around = no worries just enjoy.
  18. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

10 hours in the saddle certainly tested my constitution but my bike is fitted with a wide seat and gel-insert, matched to a Cane Creek Thudbuster seat post, making long rides a relatively comfortable experience.

It must be noted that 2 hours of the ride were spent waiting for others to make repairs and maintenance stops and 3 hours were spent (infuriatingly) waiting for others to get on with the job of finishing their gasping sticks.

Drives me nuts when people decide to go on a long ride and waste a third of the time, constantly interrupting the ride with cigarette breaks; worse still when refueling their bike, complete with cigarette hanging from their mouth, whilst looking into the fuel tank, thereby forcing me (in dramatic style) to grab my drink bottle and drench the heck out of them, simply to protect my personal safety.
  19. littletinman

littletinman Member

I love long rides (over an hour). I'd love to do an all day ride (to DC and back) but would rather do it with a buddy. I ride to work now almost everyday. I'm in the suburbs of DC (Montgomery County) and there are quite a few bike lanes and roads under 35 to ride on with ease.

I get that "What in the world are you riding! I want one!" look about every block. Last weekend a guy and his two boys stopped me to ask about my bike, I think the dad was almost more excited than the boys!

Looking forward to riding to the next town this weekend to show my dad the bike as he already wants to build one after I got started a few months back. Just haven't made it up there on my MB.
  20. BchCruizer

BchCruizer Banned

I ride to work and just for plan old fun! Nothing like a morning ride!