How often do you encounter other motored-bike riders?

How often do you encounter other motored-bike riders on the road?

• Daily or close to it (at least 3-5 times/week)

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Just about every week (1-2 times/week)

• A couple of times per month

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Infrequently -- a few times per year

Votes: 37 24.5%
  • Only at pre-arranged meetups or special events

• Does looking at yourself in the rear-view mirror count? (i.e. never)

Votes: 84 55.6%

• Total voters
I have only seen three in the last year. One guy I saw a few times headed south in a bike lane while I was headed north. He was on a Mtn bike with a front crystalite electric motor. I didn't have time to look him over and catergorize him but he was wearing a backpack.

The second one I have seen a couple of times on the dirt trail behind the power plant. He's an older guy with a big grey beard on some old thing with clanking fenders and a very quiet 2 stroke friction drive of some sort. He might fit all of the boxes the poll offers except the college kid.

The third was a full on rat-bike outlaw running some long and low cafe racer thing with a horizontal shaft Tecumseh friction drive, way more than 50 cc hauling *** at 1AM up the avenue with no lights.

There are a ton of un-plated scooters running around the West side of town. Most of those riders ride smart with helmet and gloves, religious use of turn signals and 25 mph or less. (25 is the limit for MBs in CO) West side cops seem to let these people roll. All speed limits on this side of town are <35 except for on the bypass so scooters can sorta safely navigate. I have seen a couple of scooters on the bike trails and one riding right through a city park, right through a playground. Crazy!

It will be interesting to see what happens next. Our city spent $28 million it dosen't have already this year and its going to be worse next year. They are already planning on cutting our already crappy city bus system. It might be 4 hours via the bus system for an 8 hour shift for people that live one one side of town and work on the other. I think more people will find MBs or scooters as time goes by. That's a good thing.

ToDAy.....

my eyes almost jumped out of my eye sockets, i was on my way to pick up my older kid from kindergarden and i noticed someone on a bike coming in the flow of traffic in the opposite direction. I thought it looked funny because the bike was too big to be a moped and moving to fast for human power + he or she was wearing a full face helmet.

WOW it was someone on a china girl, it was a weird feeling my heart started beating as if i was excited to see another mbr, (this is my first spotting)...i was at that moment going to do a U Turn and follow to talk, but then i remembered i had to pick up my kid....NEXT TIME

SO if you live in the north west of vegas (centennial area, ie Durango) am watching out for you !!!!!!!

For about the third time now, I've seen someone on a black cruiser, with a happy time engine, riding on Guadalupe in Gilbert. He's always been cruisin' the other way, though...

iv only ever seen 2 other happy time riders and both times i was driving my car :(
but i hav to admit the electric bikes are getting quite common over here.
But u cant realy tell the difference between a normal bike and en electric unless u know what u are looking for.

saw a guy on his elect MB
said that he was going to his dui class !!

and a couple of Happy Times buzzing around town

seeing more mopheads lately

people like my motor bike -------- ride that MB THING

Never see anyone but myself riding around. Only exception is I see the tricycle that I built for a friend when we hang out and ride together. Other than that, it's just me.

Now I always see a lot of pedal bikes on the road.

once

I've seen five in the last 5 years.
1 - 50 something old guy, tinkerer is my guess (HT on 10 speed)
3 - hoodlums in a group, baggy pants, big t-shirts, no helmets (HT on choppers)
1 - high school kid (HT on cruizer)

I remember them all pretty well because I see them all so infrequently. It's funny how curious people are about my MB when I'm out. I've never had a chance to talk to any of them though. It sure would be nice if there were enough of us out there to form a riding club in So. Cal.

I saw 2 in 2 months in Costa Rica. Probably 3 in my 22 years in the US... (other than friends. I figure we are only talking about randoms)

Duane's bikes (DAX) and Papausaun and his brother's trike. Also a neighbor has a friction drive but I haven't seen him in months.
That's about it.
When I'm actually traveling? NEVER.

Weird, I talk to people, and they tell me about these other motoredbikers riding around my town, but I've never see them!

Back