Clutch How on earth do i take the clutch apart?

Discussion in 'Transmission / Drivetrain' started by Oddzball, May 13, 2011.

1. Oddzball

Oddzball Member

Been trying to figure this out.... I see a flower with a tiny little screw against some of its teeth..

I search all over.. is there a guide? I wa looking to maybe rplace the pads..

2. olow

olow Member

why are u changing the pads
  3. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

I guess you didn't really search that well.......
  4. adrian101

adrian101 Member

5. Oddzball

Oddzball Member

Man i search youtube for like an hour, just not using the right search term i guess.

Thanks very much sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.
  6. Oddzball

Oddzball Member

Well, i feel better now, ive completely taken apart my engine and looked it all over, everything seems in working order, except maybe my clutch is slipping. I think the guy before me probably burned it down hard.

So the real question is where do you folks recommend getting new clutch pads from? Kings Motor Bikes? gasbike?

Is there a more reputable dealer? I cant find them on sick bike parts...pirate cycles is sold out...
  7. Oddzball

Oddzball Member

ALso notice i dont have an o ring where my carb meets the intake. I gathered thats pretty common though.
  8. adrian101

adrian101 Member

No problem, Make sure to check if the clutch bar is not to tight and causing it to slip, Also check behind when the drive cog plate is (i forget the correct name) and look at the bucking rod and ball. check if they are ground down to much.

All pads are pretty much the same. buy them from where ever you like.
  9. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

"O" ring not supplied, can be gotten from any NAPA, mom and pop store. I doubt that either Auto Zone, Advance, and O'Rileys have a "O" ring assortment that can be bought individually. I buy from NAPA.
  10. Oddzball

Oddzball Member

Well, i got an o ring from ace, those guy are awesome.

I also change my carb setting form #2 to #3 because i was running rich, wow what a differrence, i gained 5 mph from that, which is incredible. I think since i live at 5000 feet i need to run it with less fuel or it floods.

What do you mean if the clutch is to tight it slips? i could adjust it outwards, but it seems to be working fine now, it was bogging down because it was running rich is my guess.