How reliable?

Discussion in 'Spare Parts & Tools' started by bornagain, Nov 3, 2007.

1. bornagain

bornagain Guest

How reliable would this kit be >>>
    It seems the easiest option being in the UK. I would love a rear mounted belt setup but the import charges are to expensive!

Would this kit last?

Any replies would be very welcome, especially with people who actually own these engines.

2. mickey

mickey Guest

It looks like a basic Happy Times rig, same as many here. Read the archive for comments. I have a different model and find it to be high maintenance. Its the only one I've had so mine may be atypical.
  3. azbill

azbill Active Member

all 'happy times' are high maintenance
    if you don't like tinkering, avoid them
    racks are a lot less to work on
    ...but I love my dax70 :lol:
  4. bornagain

bornagain Guest

High maintenance? New engines parts or just plenty of fiddling? I don't mind fiddling/adjusting. :)
  5. azbill

azbill Active Member

read all you can in this forum, you will find a lot of tips and no-no's
    if you pay attention, the chinese engines can have longevity, if you don't, they won't
  6. mickey

mickey Guest

My HT vibrates a lot. Mostly, this require a constant tightening of other components. I've also broken a cylinder stud. At about 650 miles, things are settling in and the maint seems to be decreasing. I guess something major is due:grin:
  7. azbill

azbill Active Member

8. bornagain

bornagain Guest

Just bought one of that website, plus a new 36 spoke wheel, lets hope all goes well. :grin:

I will be using it for a 15 mile commute, 5 days aweek, lets hope it lasts. :???:
  9. drimpact

drimpact Member

If everything they say on that web site is true, which is always suspect, this is a serious upgrade to the standard happy times.

Steel lined cylinder, angled spark plug, bolt on carb...

Could be a winner!?.
  10. bornagain

bornagain Guest

Let's hope so :)
  11. Jim H

Jim H Guest

Looks and sounds as though it has been improved ie; carburetor mount, steel lined cylinder, angeled spark, larger area for frame mount, bearings... 200 quid is big bucks but if it runs better and is dependable then, Hot Dog!!