How to get a CNS carb to stay put?

Local time
11:43 AM
Hi how do you guys get your CNS carb to stay on your intake? Ive ground down the cut at the top to make it tighter but I dont see how to make this thing stay on it just to loose? Iam thnking some gas proof sealer?
If yours stay tight how did you do it? Thanks

hi
b4 u go adding any sealant try going to pirate cyles an buyin a billet inlet it has a o ring on end to seal carby .

i have 1 on my motor mind u its a fully worked rock solid hp1 with billet head ,inlet and clutch cover/arm an ceramic topped piston an only 48cc ...

brad
sydney

I have that billet intake installed now. We are talking about a CNS carb right? Anyone have one of these CNS carbs installed and tight on a billet intake? Soo how did you get it to stay tight? Thanks guys.

Must be someone here who has this carb installed? I havent ridden for about a month and this would help get me back on my bike lol.

I have a cns style carb, altho it is not a cns brand.
i too had the same problem. the carb. would work it's way backwards, and fall off the intake manifold.
I used some 100 grit sandpaper to rough up the intake tube, and the collar in the carb that goes over the intake tube (mine has a plastic collar in the carb.)
this worked but the carb is still a little loose and i can move it side to side with some effort. So far, it has not fallen off of the intake tube, and it does not have an air leak.
I'm using the stock intake tube, so i don't know how this would work for you since you are using the billit intake with the o-ring on it.

I don't have that style carb, but I have used Gasket Maker goop on mine anyway, and used the same stuff to fix a leak in my fuel valve. Would something like that help? it's gasoline proof (and holding up well on my fuel valve repair as proof that it is gas-resistant)

Geez guys cant someone anyone help me out with a little info? Some body must have this carb installed? I need to have a ride before the snows hit lol. Please

Mine worked too... just put it on last night and it fit perfect. Al's clutch mod worked great to clear the clutch cable under the carb.

Can I ask what size your engine is??? There are two different carbs to fit the 49cc and 66cc engines respectively.

If you got the right one it should just slip right on... if you want to make an extra tight seal use a hacksaw to saw a groove in your intake manifold for the o-ring to seat into.

I have a question somebody here might be able to answer...
the pink vacuum tubes came disconnected and I don't know which ones connect to which. Can somebody help me out???

I'm running a stock carburetor, and don't have that problem. If I did I'd install the carburetor in place and drill a very small hole through both the carburetor flange and intake tube and tap it. A # 4 or #6 machine screw should do the trick, even maybe 2, one on each side. Trim screw so it isn't protruding into the intake as it will disrupt the fuel/air flow. Locktite and tighten down after it's fitted properly.

Last edited:
Back