how to go OFF-TOPIC and get away with it

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by gone_fishin, Sep 26, 2007.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

sometimes, when you're reading a thread, you run across what you consider to be a sub-topic worth addressing, for whatever reason.

how can you have your say without spoiling the main topic?

on the upper-right corner of every post is a white "post #"...right-click it, click "copy shortcut"...now you've "held that thought."

go to "the white zone" (or into the appropriate area) and start a new topic...paste the link to the post you take exception to, or want to discuss further...then let'er rip!!

and...if it's that important to you...go back to the original topic and paste a link to your retort/rant/question/etc...easy cheesy!

it sure would help the staff out a lot, too...you make a few extra clicks, save us the extra work :cool:

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

Agreed. If every one of our 700+ members spent one extra minute to help with the organization, that would save the staff 700 minutes worth of work! Thats over 11 hours!

3. I tried this and it worked!
    It ruled.
    I just wanted to say that.

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

geez...thanks, guys, for the off-topic posts (the 3 i deleted) in this topic...show some respect, dagnabbit!

5. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Some peoploe just gotta be smart... Good info, thanks, I'll keep that in mind!:cool:

6. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

what won't they think of next

Ha, learn something every day. Now I can go back to sleep. :grin: Thanks for the tip