How to install an automatic clutch on to a motorized Gas bike & where to purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

micchael

Local time
6:30 AM
I need your help. How do I install an automatic clutch on to my motorized gas bike? My motorized gas bike has a manual clutch which means it will only kick in the motor when I start pedaling and then hold down on the clutch and start giving it gas by moving my throttle.

Next, where could I buy an automatic cluth for my motorized gas bike so that this way I can just automatically start upf the engine of my motorized gas bike without having to pedal and hold down on the clutch in order for the motor to start kicking in? Are automatic clutches expensive at all?

Next question: In order to have an automatic clutch installed on to my gas motorized bike which is a 29" ONYX Genesis bike, would I need to have the manual clutch uninstalled before having the automatic clutch installed? If so, how would I go about unstalling my manual clutch?

Please kindly provide me with clear instructions and/or any videos that would show me and explain the techiques pertaining to my questions asked here.

Thanks!

If you install an auto clutch you will need to remove the manual clutch. A lot of sites sell the HT kits with the auto clutch, they must sell replacement parts also. Try gasbike, pirate, spooky, etc.

With a 2-stroke Chinese bicycle engine you get the best of both worlds when installing a centrifugal clutch; allowing you keep the manual clutch as well as having a centrifugal clutch.

OK Fabian you lost me here. If the centrifugal clutch is installed on the end of the crank where is the manual clutch located if both installed? Never seen 2 clutches on a machine before.

I was able to keep my manual clutch after installing the auto clutch. Instead of grinding down the three posts, as recommended by the PDF, I ground some material from the inside of the new clutch cover for the needed clearance.
I only use the manual clutch now for pedal starting.

Cool, any pics of that setup?

Do a Google search for:

"Centrifugal Clutch - 48cc, 60cc, 66cc, 80cc - pull-start/pedal-start, 2 stroke"

"Lubrication port > Modified Centrifugal Clutch - 48cc, 60cc, 66cc, 70cc, 80cc - pull-start/pedal-start, 2 stroke"

OK I've googled a 1000 images and can't come up with one that has 2 clutches on a bike. I'm thinking you guys are referring to a manual clutch with 2 friction surfaces that can be separated by the clutch handle disengaging those surfaces, then mated to it somehow a centrifugal clutch mated to the outside of the manual clutch. Am I wrong in this picture in my mind? What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back