how to make a 49cc go faster

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by damianx, Jun 17, 2016.

1. damianx

damianx New Member

hello there!
    6 months ago i build a board track racer with a huashen 142f engine. my question is: i want to make my 142f go faster, but i dont want to lose any torque... ive seen a good way to put a shift kit on it, or maybe change the engine to a 6.5hp. how good does the shifter work? can i really get up to 40mph? how about other mods, like taking the governor out (do these engines even have a governor?) i read somewhere that you can do that on a 6.5hp engine... how about a 6.5 hp with a shift kit? i want a bike to cover long distances for travel

2. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

the shift kit reduces power to the wheel about 8% due to the extra friction of extra chain and shaft.
    I read a post saying the connecting rod broke when he was riding around 9500 RPM, so be careful with the revs.

3. damianx

damianx New Member

thank you! ... then, whats the best way to go? i would want to go 40+ mph if possible... and have enought torque to climb around sanfran...

4. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

I don't think you have the right engine to do that. You should just target being able to climb hills.
    Get a 66/80cc Grubee engine if you want to do both. and plan on having to modify it for best power.