Exhaust How to make it quieter

TinoMB

Local time
6:48 PM
This is probably the age old question: How can I make a 2 stroke quieter?

This is probably the age old question: How can I make a 2 stroke quieter?
Well, you could get an exhaust with a silencer on the end, I don't know any specific, you could get padding for the inside of the gears to insulate the gear sound. Theres not really much you can do... But a good exhaust will really help. Maybe one of the other members will know a good quiet exhaust?

build a swiss muffler or a reverse flow pipe. the stock pipe has an old school restrictive and inefficient baffled exhaust. also find a better air filter, a good chunk of the noise is intake noise. some thick grease in the clutch gears (be sure to keep it off the pads and the pressure plate) does wonders too

Is there an exhaust I could buy on bike berry or somewhere like that that would make the bike quieter?

Also, if I do everything I can to make it quieter, how loud should I expect it to be?

Basically, I just want the bike to me quiet enough that it won't bother the neighbours, I wouldn't mind the sound as much probably if it wasn't for that, but I really don't want to be a bother for anybody.

Basically, I just want the bike to me quiet enough that it won't bother the neighbours, I wouldn't mind the sound as much probably if it wasn't for that, but I really don't want to be a bother for anybody.
I thought the sound of my bike with a stock exhaust and everything was fine, are you able to upload a video of how loud it is or something? It may seem quite loud while you are riding but when your on the street it really isn't that loud...

Well, I don't have the engine yet, that's kinda why in kinda worrying. I don't really know how loud it is in real life just by watching the videos, but they seem to be pretty loud with just the stock exhaust.

Well, I don't have the engine yet, that's kinda why in kinda worrying. I don't really know how loud it is in real life just by watching the videos, but they seem to be pretty loud with just the stock exhaust.
I wouldn't worry about it then, they are actually really quiet, when your riding them its a different story because your right ontop of the engine, I say you should wait until you get the engine setup and if you think its too loud then get the parts to quiet it down..

one cheap way to quiet down a stock exhaust is to clamp a vinyl tube to it. it'll look nasty but it's better than nothing. I might design a reverse flow muffler to work with these motors some time. they're heavy, but they're quiet and unrestrictive so I think it's a fair tradeoff

Back