How to move the Carb e-clip

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by asfazrq, Jul 8, 2010.

1. asfazrq

asfazrq Member

Hi all, i was wondering how to move the e-clip on the carb needle. I've tried moving it with two fingers, thumbs but it doesn't budge. It does spin so it's not stuck if you know what I mean. help is appreciated.

2. AussieSteve

AussieSteve Active Member

Press the open end against a flat surface and it will pop right off.

3. asfazrq

asfazrq Member

Thanks AussieSteve.

4. AussieSteve

No problemo.

5. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

yeah and potentially it can go flying across the room never to be found again.
    Use a pair of magnetic needlenose pliers to grab it, and pull it off of the needle.

6. AussieSteve

Not if you keep your thumb on it - I've never lost one.
    I put it on the bench with my thumb on it, holding the clip, then press the needle down onto the bench. Nothing can fly anywhere.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  7. Alson

Alson Member

Thanks Steve jt works well, and this c-clip is from the CNS carb and jt smaller, i put it in the gruve that I wanted by a pare of plyers lined jt up and pushed it in

8. motorpsycho

man...spell check is a great tool, and every computer has it!

9. AussieSteve

Whi nieds a speelcheker? Knot mee.

Incidentally, motorpsycho, when I look at the 'Similar Threads' at the bottom of the page, it seems that a lot of people do lose their 'c' clips.

Edit: But I don't.

10. motorpsycho

yes steve, a lot of people do loose the "c" clip (but they are actually "E" clips).
    that's why i suggested a pair of magnetic needle nose pliers to pull the clip off.

11. AussieSteve

For some people maybe. (Especially the clumsy ones.)
    Personally, I'll stick to my method. In over 35 years of tinkering with bike carbs, I've never lost a 'c'/'e' clip.