how to organize a chapter

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by azbill, May 29, 2007.

1. azbill

azbill Active Member

are there any suggestions on organizing chapters for rides n bbq's n stuff like that
    people could make suggestions and we could put the best ones into a sticky for the lets ride forum

just a thought

2. spunout

spunout Member

i put my $.02 in, bill 8)
  3. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

give me till late tomarow and I'll have the whole thing made up for you to look at and then we can put it to the members for a vote....Dave
  4. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

azrider - Chapter, sounds good to me, whata you guys think?
  5. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

The name of this organization shall be " THE MOTORED BIKE RIDERS CLUB INTERNATIONAL ." Also known as " MBRCI".

The purpose of this organization shall be to bring together riders whose common interest is motoredbicycle riding, promoting good fellowship, encouraging membership in the fraternity, and aiding and assisting its members. This organization is a not for profit club and is tax exempt.

For membership of this organization you must be a in good standing with the . ** Hereafter referred to as Active member.

The elected Officers of the MBRCI. shall be, President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer. The President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer will be elected for two one year terms. ( Odd Years. ) The Officers must be elected by a majority vote and must have served as an elected Officer of a subordinate Chapter. Members-at-Large may serve as an elected Officer of MBRCI, if they have attended at least two Annual Meetings and served two one year terms on a standing or created committee of the MBRCI.

Tom and Augidog shall be Lifetime Trustees of the MBRCI. They shall hold these positions until they die, resign or decide to run as an elected Officer of the MBRCI. Once vacated, these position shall not be filled.

The Honorary Trustee position will automatically be filled by the outgoing President at the Annual Meeting. The position shall remain vacant if the out going President is elected to an office or is no longer an Active Member. The Honorary Trustee shall assist the President and elected Officers in the discharged of their duties. He/she shall hold the office for two one year terms and have one vote at all MBRCI. meetings.

The Executive Board shall consist of the elected Officers and all Trustees of the MBRCI. with the President serving as the Chairman. Three Officers present at an Executive Board meeting shall constitute a quorum. Any Active Member of the MBRCI may attend any open meetings called by the Executive Board. They alone shall have the authority to approve Committee additions, guide lines and changes.

The voting members of the MBRCI shall be all Active members And Executive Board Officers present at the Annual Meeting. Only Executive Board members shall vote at an Executive Board meeting, however Active members may express their opinions when recognized by the presiding Officer.

The Constitution shall not be altered, amended or repealed until the proposed addition, alteration, amendment or nullification be; (a) sponsored by not less then than three members of the MBRCI or the By-Laws Committee, (b) reduced to writing and filed with the MBRCI Secretary ninety days (90) days prior to the Annual Meeting; (c) entered upon the agenda of the Executive Board for approval; (d) presented to the membership, and if approved by a unanimous vote, will immediately be adopted. (e) If not a unanimous vote, it will be held over to the next succeeding Annual Meeting, and if approved by two-thirds (2/3) of the voting members present and voting, it shall be adopted. Each Chapter shall receive one updated copy of the Constitution prior to the next Annual Meeting.

The Annual Meeting will be held during the month of ?. The date and place will be set by the Executive Board no later than the first of that year. Nominations, Elections and Installations of Officers ,if appropriate shall take place. All final reports will be given by the Officers and Committee Chairman. Three members of the Executive Board and four subordinate Chapter Representatives shall constitute a quorum at the Annual Meeting.

The order of business at all Annual Meetings shall be as follows, but not limited to;

Call to order. Welcome.
    Roll call of Executive Board Officers and Chapters.
    Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of the Country.
    Reading and Approval of Minutes of the Previous Meeting.
    Report of the Treasurer.
    Reading of Correspondence and Action Thereon.
    Report of Officers.
    Report of Committees.
    Old or Unfinished Business.
    New Business.
    Election of Officers as Needed.
    Installation of Officers. ( Can be done at a separate time. )

Except as otherwise provided in these By-Laws, all questions of order in the conduct of all meetings shall be decided in accordance with Roberts Rules of Order.

Any violation of the Constitution, By-Laws or Resolutions or any misconduct by a Chapter or an Active Member that bring discreditable behavior upon its Chapter, the MBRCI in general, would be subject to disciplinary action by the MBRCI Grievance Committee, which could be expulsion, temporary suspension or probation of any Active Member or an entire Chapter.

The President shall preside at all meetings of this organization . He shall appoint committees and non elected Officers. He shall at all times enforce a due consideration and observance of the Constitution, By-Laws and Resolutions and shall preserve order and harmony within the MBRCI.

Vice President.
    The Vice President shall preside in the absence of the President and discharge such duties of the President in case of his disability or vacancy of his office. he shall assist the host Chapter in coordinating the Annual Conference and report back to the Executive Board.

The Secretary shall attend all meetings, keep a record of all proceedings, attend to all correspondence, keep the membership informed of all organizational activities and functions and inform all members of By-Laws amendments. At the expiration of his term. He shall transfer all books, papers, monies and other organizational property to his successor in office.

The Treasurer shall attend all meetings, receive all monies from the Secretary keeping a record of the same and pay all bills when approved by the Executive Board. At the Expiration of his term, he shall transfer all books, papers, monies and other organizational property to his successor in office.

Executive Board.
    The Executive Board shall exercise a general supervision over the interest and affairs of the Organization, shall prepare an annual budget, shall procure and prepare suitable quarters for Executive Board Meetings and the Annual Meeting, supervise all organizational activities, property and equipment and meet when deemed necessary.

The Trustees will oversee the operations and functions of the Organization, in accordance with the Constitution, By-Laws and Resolutions. The Trustees shall meet and assist the Executive Board when Executive Board Meetings are called.

The following Standing Committees will be appointed by the President;

By-Laws Committee.
    Safety Committee.
    Audit and Finance Committee.
    Nomination Committee.
    Conference Committee.
    Grievance Committee.
    Membership Committee.
    Web Page Committee
    Other Committees may be appointed by the President when deemed necessary.

These By-Laws shall not be altered, amended or appealed until the proposed additions, alterations, amendments or nullifications be;

sponsored by not less then three members of the MBRCI or the By-Laws Committee.
    reduced to writing and filed with the MBRCI Secretary ninety ( 90 ) days prior to the Annual Meeting;
    entered upon the agenda of the Executive Board for approval;
    presented to the membership and if approved by unanimous vote, it would be immediately be adopted;
    if not a unanimous vote, it would be held over to the next succeeding Annual Meeting and if approved by two thirds ( 2/3 ) of the voting members present and voting, it shall be adopted.
    Each Chapter shall receive one updated copy of the By-Laws prior to the next Annual Meeting.

The Club logo shall be put to a vote by Tom and Augidog.

This is as far as I can go without any input by all others :sad:
  6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

that's a good place to start, loco, thanks very much.

now, let's please take this slow...let people mull it over, correct, edit, amend, fold, spindle & mutilate.

as we progress, we may have to vote on things detail by detail.

where did you get that core set of guidelines from?
  7. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Well presented loco, thanks. :smile:
  8. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

I second the motion...oh I out of order? Just kidding.

We just kind of formed our own chapter of the Freak Bike Militia. I belong to Twisted Spokes Freak Bike Militia Pacific Northwest Chapter.

Maybe we should do the same kind of thing here.

9. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

loco, are you crazy,yup. we just wanna get together and ride, don't need a pres or vice pres. we just wanna call everyone from the az group and pick a place to ride. :cool:
  10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

good, vinnie, lets' discuss that.

i agree that too tight an organization can get in the way...BUT if we maintain the same attitude as we do on the forum, the officer's will be more of a token-thing anyway.

not everyone wants to be involved in the official organisation of problem at all, simply let the ones who want to take the time handle it & enjoy the benefits.

that's my .02

anyone else?
  11. spunout

spunout Member

I like the idea of a chapter without all of the hullabaloo. a name, and some riders
  12. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Sorry Az ,I guess it come from me working with the Teamsters Union for over 12 years.......guess I got A little Hoffa in the blood, I got ya now...
  13. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

don't be sorry or tell me sorry, l seen you put alot of work into the post, and thats great, but im the guy who likes keep it simple. we all know who lives in az - from this forum. so, lets get everyone on the same page and plan a time that everyone in the az group can get together. l'll be gone for the next 2 weeks, other than that, kronic and l are willing to meet up for a ride. wether in phx, or tucson, or where-ever.
    is that kewl loco?
  14. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Here here!!

That's all you need. Just announce rides in your area or set specific times and places like every 3rd Sat. of every month at the local Pub and're a "chapter" This way if other people from outstide your Chapter are traveling to your area they will know what to expect. That's how we do it with our chopper bicycle club. As a matter of fact, I am going to our usual cruise this Sat. in Eugene Oregon. If anyone wants to join us, just PM me for the meeting time and place. There should be about 15+ riders.

15. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

shoot, yeah! don't let this effort by any means take away from putting together the ad-hoc rides...that will grow much faster than a "real" organization, matter of fact it will probably help 8)
  16. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

this is just a templete to go by we can add or take away from it as we see fit ,.
    as with all sucsessful unions and orgs, its going to take time I posted this as something to think about for the future cause I see motorized bikes and other green means of tranportation being the real altunrative to the problems that this planet has because of man.

see here I go tring to preach again
  17. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

no, it's ok to "preach" about why you'd like to organize. i agree with your points about the benefits of a global org. you're absolutely correct in that it will take a long time to accomplish. but, the topic's here, and as more people who want this sort of activity find it, it will grow.
  18. azbill

azbill Active Member

yeah... what he said :D :D :D
  19. azbill

azbill Active Member

3rd sunday of June?
    I'm up for that
    pretty sure vinnie will be too (hope so...he's my ride to Tempe :lol: )
    ...Tempe town lake was one of the spots me n vin were discussing earlier as a good place to meet for a ride
  20. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

and just remeber when this fraternity starts, that there are sorority too...i see at least some of us are sisters lol...It almost sounds like the eagles bylaws. It's all good, and we might need that structure in the future! :???:
    At least someone knows the structure part, and thats good to know thanks locowelder for your knowledgeable input in all.