How to: Replace Main Jet?

Hi go-rebels,
Drain the gas from the carburetor [ a small screw at the near the bottom of the float bowl], remove carburetor from cylinder. Remove phillips screws that hold the bowl onto the carburetor. The main jet is in the center, remove and replace. If the o-ring gets wet with gasoline you will need to shrink it before you can re-install the bowl. Put in sun or use a hair dryer to shrink o-ring. Re-install the bowl with the phillips screws. Attach the carburetor to cylinder. Done.

Have fun,

Do you really need to remove the carb from the cylinder or is that for the convenience to work on it on a bench?

It is not necessary but it is very difficult to remove the screws that hold the float bowl in place if you don't remove the carb. Just unscrew the top off the carb slide and pull the slide out of the carb. Let the slide hang on the throttle cable. Remove the fuel line then remove the two 10mm nuts and slide the carb off the studs. From that point it is very easy. Good luck.

Jim

Reassembling My 22mm Carb:

I replaced my #90 main jet today with the #82 that Quenton sent me along with my milled head.

I don't know if I attached the inlet valve correctly to the float lever which moves the valve in and out of its seat. It can slip on that little brass tab either way...does it make a difference?

Thanks...
HAL

Back