How to, terminology,pic's??

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by Edwrdsracing, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Edwrdsracing

Edwrdsracing New Member

Ok guys I no I'm new to the forum! But! From what I have read their is alot of good info on this site, with no pic's to show newbie's what your talking about, clutch adjustment for one. Some of the terminology to I have no clue what you guys are talking about. Just some examples! Or Even a pic of what it is would help?

Now if I have offended any one I'm sorry and apologize!
    I am a newbie and I have done alot of searches to try and find what I'm looking for with out having you guys repeat yourselfs.

Thank you

2. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

I am planning to integrate a google custom search into the forum. That way you can google search the site using the search box above. The default search is a little too basic and never seems to bring up all the relevant posts.

3. sp454e

sp454e Member

go to u tube type in motorized bicycle repair or check bike berry on u tube the vids were very helpfull

4. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Here's a pictorial from forum member AI.Fisherman on the breakdown of a 48cc 2 stroke Happy Time (HT) or China Girl engine that will help with the terminology.

http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/Ron-Becker/Chinese HT breakdown/?action=view&current=1.jpg

My suggestion is to take an small engine or auto repair class to familiarize yourself with basic mechanics, so you'll be up to speed. Also, go to your local library and check out a book on small engine repairs. It will help you understand the basics. The dumbest question - is not asking. There some amazing people on this forum who're willing to help. One suggestion, make an attempt to do a search before asking a question. Google your question if the forum search engine doesn't give you what your looking for. Post pictures and identify the problem - it will go a long way.

Good Luck,

Chris
    AKA: BigBlue