how/where to attach rear banana seat bars?

coyle

Local time
4:51 PM
I am interested in putting a long seat so I can give people rides but the only thing I can think of using a banana seat which all seem to need rear bars to hold the back of the seat up, but that's right where my drive is located. Can you think of anyway to make this work? Thank you!

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 422
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 649
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 472
it just does not look to be built for two

as unraw mentioned above
so as to get the clearance needed above engine and mount
going to be sitting pretty high
and the engine looks like it will be in the way -- at least somewhat

for a motorized bicycle built for two
may be better from the ground up

heavy duty wheels
low slung engine -- out of the way as good as possible
as you mentioned -- the seat for two has to be mounted very strong

ride that thing

Yeah, so it's probably not a good idea + our bike laws say you can't ride two people on a bike made for one anyway. I guess it's just going to be for me to ride (I didn't even consider the weight being too far back; that would be bad.)

the full-suspension...that's pretty much a deal-breaker, anyway, without a lot of seat-mount fab'ing.

Sorry coyle but i've gotta agree with the rest of the guys........i'de like to see u prove us all wrong though.

I cant see a side angle from bottom to top but couldnt you use round bar stock or square bar stock & flatten the end to mount & then with costom bending make it attact to the banana seat?

I used to do a lot of custom fabbing for custom Harleys while I worked at an independent shop for 13 years

Randy

That would work wouldn't it and be stong enough not to matter if it's bent as there's the motor drive right in the way of where the bar would go so it would have to be bent around there. Might be too difficult a job but we'll see.

it might be posible. I always liked looking at older engines from late 1800's as well as casrs & trucks you would be suprised to see so much as fabricated rods that do several things at once & some custom fabricated that were bent & trail fitted on the machine or repaired by blacksmiths.

if your bike is sprung you would need to come back to the seat post area & make sure brace is triangulated preferable below the seat post as to not stress the area above the frame & then you will need to do some figuring as to balance of a rear passenger & you might have to move the banana seat forward & then locating where to place rear pegs & how ackward handlebars may be while doubling & have to plan on different bars or maybe at least turned different

Later,
Randy

I would like to replace the handlebars if I end up doing the seat, then I can sit back, thanks!

Back