How Wide is the Golden Eagle sheave?

I

ironwarlock

Can anybody tell me how wide the Golden Eagle sheave is? I have one inch to work with. :(

I took a look at those pictures. :) Looks like when I get back at the shop on Wen. I will pull a sheet of 7/8 alum and cut my own sheave. Its better this way. If I machine it. It will bolt right on the rim (no stress on the spokes). ;Ill post pictures.

There is a guy in the review section over at GEBE that rides a small tired recumbent. He used the top portion of a 5 gallon bucket to build a rear drive hoop.

Ol' Pete said:
There is a guy in the review section over at GEBE that rides a small tired recumbent. He used the top portion of a 5 gallon bucket to build a rear drive hoop.

That sounds like a good system. ??? :eek:

Torques said:
Ol' Pete said:

I do not recall using the word good.
Can good ideas come out of looking at other peoples work-arounds? Mmmm...You betcha!
Save the attacks for video games. :cool:

ironwarlock, have a look-see http://www.bikeengines.com/timtest.htm

Ol' Pete said:
Torques said:
Ol' Pete said:

I do not recall using the word good.
Can good ideas come out of looking at other peoples work-arounds? Mmmm...You betcha!
Save the attacks for video games. :cool:

ironwarlock, have a look-see http://www.bikeengines.com/timtest.htm

It's not an attack, sorry you took it that way. You seem pretty defensive, what happened to you? Sure, there are lots of great ideas from great minds here. Coming up with ideas yourself can be difficult, especially when operating those ideas in the real world. I wonder how long that guys wheel will last under long-term operating conditions? Who made you my mother? :eek:

misunderstandings happen, i should know...it's noone's fault, it's difficult to interpret text.

keeping the fray going, however, is a different story. ok, i'll get outta the way now.

I have difficulty writing sometimes and I can be sarcastic. Let me put it this way. It may not always be the best idea to suggest someone else's idea to a problem. Not all ideas work or are very efficient. In fact, some may be just bad ideas. My torque strap on my prototype custom conversion broke two days ago, not because I didn't make it perform but because the strap was too small and not strong enough due to my mount configuration. The solution was to put a larger, thicker strap there. It won't break again. Many of us are playing engineers here like myself and Vinnie from Fountain Hills that I know of. My comment was a subtle way of saying "it might not work because it's not a GOOD idea". Maybe it's not a good idea, maybe it is, my opinion is mine but just like other members here have their ideas, I can pick and choose what I believe will work and I hope other members will point out deficiencies in my design. Done. :eek:

Back