Howdy!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Roy Carpenter, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Howdy all! Already posted before I noticed this section...lol. Own a 35cc Robin/Suburu GEBE, and luv it except it keeps breaking rear wheel spokes! OUCH!! Anyhow...hi all :)

2. highrider

highrider Guest

welcome...dont own any motorised bike yet, but the broken spoke thing worries me a bit. what sort of bike do you have and what caused them to break?

3. Broken spokes

It's a Schwinn Alloy Seven cruiser. I weigh in at over 300 lbs...that may have something to do with it too..lol. If I were you, I'd try to get the heaviest guage, and toughest spokes/rim that you can find regardless of your weight. I think it's somewhat of an issue with the Golden Eagle drive ring in general.:???:

4. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome Roy, Wheel breakage has been a problem for me also. I found a bike shop that can order me super heavy duty wheels with 12 guage spoke. I have still broken a few spoke, but not nearly as often.

Enjoy the info on this form.

5. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Welcome to MBc Roy !

6. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Welcome to the group!

7. BTW, I'm from way out in the middle of the corn field...Indiana!!

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

you just sorta slid on in there, huh?

i've been watching the GEBE, & specifically R/S 35, posts very closely but i have no experience...yet. anything at all you have to report in rack-'em will surely come in handy.

welcome to MBc :cool:

9. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D

10. az cra-z

az cra-z Guest

Welcome! Don't know much about rack mounts, but I just LOVE my R/S 35 motor!

11. hey roy try getting a rear hub with disk brake attactment option then put a sprocket on there.

because.. a spoke it designed to transfer load (tension) along a staight line and not ment to transfer moment (twisting) which is why your spokes break. i tie my back spokes where they cross to reduce deflection (bending) in the spokes. sorry about the explanation thats its been well over15 years sinse my last structural anaysis class