Howdy!

R

Roy Carpenter

Howdy all! Already posted before I noticed this section...lol. Own a 35cc Robin/Suburu GEBE, and luv it except it keeps breaking rear wheel spokes! OUCH!! Anyhow...hi all :)

welcome...dont own any motorised bike yet, but the broken spoke thing worries me a bit. what sort of bike do you have and what caused them to break?

Broken spokes

It's a Schwinn Alloy Seven cruiser. I weigh in at over 300 lbs...that may have something to do with it too..lol. If I were you, I'd try to get the heaviest guage, and toughest spokes/rim that you can find regardless of your weight. I think it's somewhat of an issue with the Golden Eagle drive ring in general.:???:

Welcome Roy, Wheel breakage has been a problem for me also. I found a bike shop that can order me super heavy duty wheels with 12 guage spoke. I have still broken a few spoke, but not nearly as often.

Enjoy the info on this form.

you just sorta slid on in there, huh?

i've been watching the GEBE, & specifically R/S 35, posts very closely but i have no experience...yet. anything at all you have to report in rack-'em will surely come in handy.

welcome to MBc :cool:

Back