HP CDI unit?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Neufcruz, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

It's time to buy a better CDI unit. Is there a difference between, let's say the Jaguar and or thunder or any of the claimed higher output models. I have the 2 stroke 66cc, high compression head, reed valve, expansion chamber. What do I need to upgrade the electrical portion?
    where to purchase from?
    thanks
    mike

2. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

No one has a recommended rand\vendor?

3. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

click on my signature link to read the difference between the Jaguar and the Lightning. I have yet to test the Rocket to know its timing curve.
    Anyone have a spare one they can send me? (I can send it back to you)

4. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

Is there a vendor in the states to purchase? how much? and does this come with everything, CDI unit, coil, plug wire etc...?

5. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

Sick bikes has a CDI unit said to be by Jaguar. Label looks different. Is this the same? Good price?

6. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

it's the same. the picture is old. it comes with a sticker that has a running jaguar on it.
    only problem buying from vendors is the high voltage coils aren't very good.
    When people buy direct from me they also get a coil that produces the best spark, not a coil that is the cheapest.
    shipping from don here takes 2 weeks though.

7. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

Not in a huge rush. How much, where do I order?

8. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

9. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

Just ordered!
    Can I use colored spark plug wire? If so, is there a brand or type to look for that will be the same or better quality and performance. Sorry, I'm going for a certain look and being picky on this build.
    Now that I have my electrical system down nowI have to read and understand all the other upgrades/mods you have
    On your site. In particular porting the piston. I have the reed valve ready to install. Just want to get the engine right and how I want it before I put on.
    Thanks
    Mike

10. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

any wire is good as long as its non-resistive

11. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

Great. I found one at our local motorized bike shop. just wanted to make sure I could swap out yours. Will it say if it is non-restrictive on it?
    Thanks

Mike

12. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

I don't know. You may have to measure it with an ohm-meter. It will show zero ohms if it has no resistance.

13. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

Any status on my order?

14. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

It's in the mail. shipping from here takes 2-3 weeks

15. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

Thank you for replying!
    One of the few that does!
    Do you know where I can get a tophat and anodized sprocket? Kings Sales are ripping me off.

Have a great new year!

Mike