HS 144f 53cc ?

darwin

Local time
4:44 AM
Anyone owning one of these what's your opinion on the claimed increase in HP? Some claim an extra 1/2hp in power, others just slight increase. What say you? I've always wanted one of these or the so called Super Titan/Dax so I finally pulled the trigger on one. Bought the 53cc from Jimco on Ebay.. Won't get it mounted for awhile just getting ready for spring.

I picked one up from jimco maybe a half year ago.Its definitely got a noticable umph in hillclimbing capability just swapping out from a 49cc with no additional mods. Sounds like it misfires at higher revs, think its a cdi rev limiter. Needed 91 octane to not ping when it warmed up. Been fun so far but beware: I've found absolutely 0 replacement parts for the piston, cylinder or rings. So if it dies its dead, new motor time.

Its not the hp that gets a major jump, its the torque. Hp goes from 1.9-2.0 but torque goes from 2-2.5. Thats a 25% increase in torque, and you'll definitely feel it. Allows for smaller rear sprockets compared to the 49cc.

Back