HT leaking petrol/fuel cap

Locking vented cap sounds great. where and how much? Foam to insert in your tank to prevent sloshing up and out can be got at automotive performance shops.I am ordering more than enough to stuff in my tank. No fabrication just stuff it in. easy but it will be costing me Near $20 with shipping. Before I do that though I am checking with some stock car builders to see if I can buy some scraps.Every buck I can save ya know... Besides I get to ride my Mighty Mot0 Mountain trek over there to ask!!!! Another reason to ride!!!!

a search for locking vented gas caps brings ya back to this same area,,,,, so give us a hint please... Where can they be got and how much? or are you talking about the same version Large used but with a key hole that allows venting???

My gas cap was leaking and it wasn't the vent hole leaking. I found that it was the rubber gasket on the cap wasn't thick enough anymore for the cap to get tight. I searched and couldn't find any vender that sold the gasket. I found instructions on how to install a new gasket. So what I did was found an o'ring that fit over the old gasket and I put the cap on the tank and it got tight and doesn't leak anymore. Hope that helps everyone.

Home depot sells 1/16'' 6x6 pieces of rubber. I traced out the original gasket,put 2-1/16'' pieces behind the original. 50 miles+ with no leaks at all. And still runs great.

Back