HT upgrades

Local time
7:25 PM
:giggle:
I'm livin' large. Got my DAX throttle with integral kill button and in the process of trying to make the mess of cables and wires neat, decided to put a multi connector on the engine leads to the coil and light. I have about a bushel basket or more of old car wire looms I intend to salvage for plugs,wire, etc. for my car build. I found a small 4-pin connector with even the right colors plus red. It has a two-button release that works very well even. It also has a pretty good weatherhead to shed rain.
It allows me to mount the coil way up under the 2 lower bars on a Schwinn cruiser. The 4th wire I doubled up with the white wire and ran aft for a tail light. It will enable me to remove the engine wires in one swell foop. As a final effort, I cut a stainless steel wall duplex cover into an ell and mounted it between cap and hex nuts on the ends of the front tank screws and put a tiny toggle switch in it for the light and coated it with silicon caulk. I'm glad we had this little talk because I just realized the tail light wire doesn't go through the switch. That's tomorrow's project.

Back