Huang Shen 142 5/8 keyed straight shaft cent. clutch replacement

Paul E.

Local time
8:58 AM
Apologies if its been asked before(I searched..), but I'm having a devil of a time finding a direct replacement for the OEM cent clutch; I imagine that's either my net-fu is white belt, or thier just isn't one manufactured.

The reason for this, is the clutch design is crappy, and engages noisily and roughly. I disassembled to inspect the clutch shoes and bell, and found the 3 clutch shoes had sharp edges that had cut into the bell, and if I hadn't caught it earlier, they might have cut the bell into two pieces.

After smoothing over all the edges on the three shoes with a file, the clutch is much more progressive and less violently engaging.

However, the clutch is still cheesy, and I'd like a regular hinge spring design if it exists.. Thanks in advance!

*I have massive amounts of pics detailing every mod and repair I do, so if anyone is interested, I can post relevant pics of this, or other questionable items.

Any vendor who sells the 4g kit should have a clutch for that. Gasbike, bicycle-engines, kings etc.

Staton.com sells a HD version of that clutch. I'm not sure what makes it HD but that's the claim.

Back