Huangshen 142 F

Lump hammer, lets see here, slasher knife, no, um, piercing shank, no that's not it, uh, mm, oh yes there it is. I almost forgot where I put my lump hammer!:smash7:
Thanks IrishJohn. No harm, no foul.
Alternatively you could try a 1948 Ford Prefect starting handle. The starting handles on those older models are so much better than the the ones on the later models.

I forgot http://www.bicycle-engines.com/ has all the parts for the 4 stroke washing (Huasheng) machine. So parts are available!
Sure parts are available but that wasn't your original question....probably most ppl thought u wanted better valves,& generally speaking if Honda/HS parts are readily interchangeable.Some parts are interchangeable,some parts arn't.
BE.com's available parts are displayed on their website but there has been parts previously displayed that are no longer available cos they sold out,very quickly....wide cranks & rear mounted tanks being popular.
With ALL parts get it while u can as quick as u can,& if u have the money get more than u need.........he who hesitates. :cry:

I'm looking to repair my motor. I type slow so I minimize how much I type. I knew parts were avail. for honda but didn't remember that B-E had HS parts. So I thought that Someone might know if they could be swapped. The thread has now evolved (as threads do) and many ideas and thoughts have been discussed since. So even if you misunderstood my origional question or I did not communicate it as thoroughly as I should have I'm grateful for all that has been mentioned on the subject.
I just want a direct replacement, honda, hs, or whatever. Previously in this thread it was mentioned that spares were avail. for the Honda and not the washing (Huasheng) machine. I thought it potentially helpful to mention that there are spares available. If I have to buy another motor, for spares, I will. These motors are not rare and are avail. through several sources for many uses in addition to mb's.
Some of the mb specific kit parts may be harder to come by. The 3 piece cranks that came w/ my kit are not by any means great but are not as bad as some that I've seen in threads here. But I like the look of the one piece better as well.
I will try the honda motor soon as well. I will try them all in time. It is not much more than the hs any way.

Washing (huasheng) Machine Update

I finally had time to look deeper into the stuck valve today.

See Thread http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=17122 if you haven't, for details.

I took the rockers and valve spring off. I gently pried on the groove in the v. stem and freed the valve w/o using much pressure. W/ some fresh oil I moved the valve up /& down and it was smooth pretty quickly. I checked, and the motor is non interference (valves/piston). Put it back together and adjusted the valve clearances; Yamalubed the rkr cover on.

Before I started it I held the k/sw and turned the mtr over w/ the pull start quite a few times for some extra lube. Turned on the petcock, choke and let'er rip; she started right up. So I let it idle for 20 min.
Later today I took it for a longer ride 3-4 mi. Then a coupla quick stints at a friends house. No problems, no smoke, or weirdness; just good clean fun!:spam:

That's a good result. the valves were probably not adjusted correctly when it was manufactured. Believe it or not, I even pulled the valve cover on my Honda and checked the valves before I mounted the engine for the first time.

I'm really pleased you sorted that out Firebelly. I like stories with happy endings. It's weird that the valve stuck like that. I wonder why it happened. They are supposed to be set correctly in the factory. Fortunately they are a synch to set if you have good feeler guages but I wouldn't trust a Chinese feeler guage. It's not the metal thickness I am suspicious of but the writing on the feeler blades is probably wrong.
Anyway it was a good thread for all of us and thanks for letting us know how you fixed it.

Back