Huasheng 142F 49cc 4-stroke valve adjustment

Try using regular gas, as higher octane requires a higher compression ratio to be of any help.

When testing my Whizzers on the DYNO, all but one ran better on regular gasoline. The only one that was helped with the hi test fuel was a motor with 165 pounds of compression.

Have fun,

I recently was riding home after work and my chain completely snapped, I immediately pulled over turned the engine off and went and got my chain off the street. It was crazy cause it literally snapped a link and not master link. So peddled myself 10 miles home. Whew!

I have a Huasheng 49cc 4 stroke, then since the chain snapped and I don't even have 50 miles on bike yet. So decided to adjust the valves now since, it was bogging down on full throttle but would be smooth at about 75% throttle.

Took the valve top off, moved the piston to highest point then went to adjust the valves the intake was easy but the exhaust valve seemed stuck to tight. I tried all ways of loosening it and it wouldn't loosening up at all. I then put the NGK 7 spark plug back in tightened down everything and even took the carb off with SBP air filter cleaned everything really well, made sure the jet wasn't clogged or anything put it all back together.

I then proceeded to go take it for a test ride and seemed my pull start was super loose like almost way to easy to pull, it would retract fine. I tried putting some starting fluid in carb area and still nothing, changed spark plug back to original and same thing would turn over. Removed the pull start to check seems everything is fine minus how loosely the flywheel turns without any pressure. Last night I opened the valve top again to see if I could get the exhaust valve to adjust and still stuck really tight. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix/repair? I'm going to contact the supplier I got the engine from and see about returning it. But more than likely anticipating they won't.

Maybe you got that intake valve adjusted a bit to tight. Staying open to long into the compression stroke would make her spin easier on the pull start.

All u guys thanks someone mentioned going back to regular gas,my motor runs very fantastic but was knocking on preium so back on regular no pinging sound and still a strong motor

All u guys thanks someone mentioned going back to regular gas,my motor runs very fantastic but was knocking on preium so back on regular no pinging sound and still a strong motor
Sounds backwards, "premium" has a higher octane so less chance of predetonation. My 144f has higher compression than a 142f so i need higher octane to not ping. I hate the term "premium" when its a less pure gasoline...more additives to raise the octane level...

Sounds backwards, "premium" has a higher octane so less chance of predetonation. My 144f has higher compression than a 142f so i need higher octane to not ping. I hate the term "premium" when its a less pure gasoline...more additives to raise the octane level...
Exactly correct.
More octane is not some performance booster any more than WD-40 is a lubricant.

A verified real performance booster you actually feel on these ~50cc HS 4-strokes is an NGK 7544 (CR7HIX) for the summer and an CR6HIX for winter spark plug.
Beside a bigger spark they a physically longer giving you a bit more compression ;-}

I see you are liking your 144F Dan, I know it's only 4cc larger that 142F but man, you can you feel that 4cc's difference.

Back