HuaSheng centrifugal clutch life/wear

XenonDream

Local time
5:49 AM
Couldn't find an answer to this anywhere.. Hope it hasn't been posted. I'd just like to know what happens at the end of the clutch's life. Does it go metal-to-metal and destroy the bell? Or is the flyweight designed to only extend a certain amount, preventing it from engaging once it's sufficiently worn? Do you need to replace the bell as well as the flyweight? I've been running my 4-stroke for about a year now, and since I'm on a limited budget, I want to try to plan for future repairs. Anyone wear one out yet?

If its a stock clutch DAX told me with normal use they last about 1500 miles. Theres a heavy duty 3 shoe clutch some sites sell.

I got mine a while back... my flyweight looks like three arms with pads on them. I know there's another version that looks more like a wheel with three half-circle pads, but I don't know if it's compatible with my motor. On mine, the bell is part of the transmission. The newer stuff I've seen shows it bolted to the engine.
My main concern was regarding what happens when the clutch comes to the end of its life. Any experience with that?

Normally it will just be metal to metal and you'll know it right away. In unusual circumstances it can come apart and get jammed up and may break some thing in the motor.

I'll have to take a look at mine. It's been more than 1,500 miles. Almost twice that at this point. Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

Back