huasheng motors

scotts

Local time
12:05 PM
So whats the deal with these motors. They are cheap knock offs and only carry a 3month warranty. Holy **** that is a short warranty. Will they last longer than 3 months???
My goal is to create a bike for daily commuting, 6 miles each way, mostly flat. I'm mechanically inclined but never worked with gas engines.
Am asking too much from a cheap motor?
scott

I've been running one for about 3000 miles and doing fine. Expect it to run for another 3000 miles.

I have 8500+ trouble free miles on my HS :)
the problem with most 4stroke kits isn't the engine,,,it is the gear-reduction (transmission)

i had a little 49 cc china chopper i ran it for 2 years yes i had fix it alot but most of time it was cause of mods i did to it

So it appears that with a little TLC this motor can last take me to work and back every day from spring to fall? (six miles one way, limited hills)
scott
exactly what speed should I be using it for a daily commute? The bike will be a lighter weight mt bike with slick tires and I am 160 lbs.

Well, a lot depends on the gearing and drive type, but the speed limits on these things is either 20 or 30 depending on where you live. I could get a speeding ticket in either. :sick:

the four strokes are great.

my first huasheng, not so great. hard a carb issue, welll. just after the 3 months! um. then it was fine for a good 3000km.

its now dead dead :(

and how! ive never seen a carbon buildup like it! halfway round the combustion chamber and into the exhaust... it had ended up catching the valve, then piston hit valve, then everything hit everything, then yeah....dead engine... but i was pulling 60kmh plus at 10 grand! constantly...

i have what i believe is also a huasheng...a copy of the robin subaru 25... at least, it has the same symbol as the huasheng on it... so far, its great! even 25 cc and its hauling :)

anyone know how to put these back together? i opened my motor up to replace oil seal now valve guides and timing gear and all those goodies are out :(

same way you pulled it apart but in reverse? thats what i do....

oh dear.

it should take...3 minutes :) remove rocker cover and rockers. put cam followers in(them crescent shaped doo dads. memory tells me it was the left hand one that goes first. dont worry! they are the same! and can only go in one way!) then there should be a small spacer bush on top of them. turn piston to tdc. theres a dot on the crank gear. theres an arrow on the cam gear...line the two up. now whack the cover on. back to rockers. install rods, making sure theyre seated in the "cups". adjust clearance, reeoil, go riding :)

6 miles each way commuting is nothing to a Huasheng. Mine eats up 10-20 mile runs like nothing, and I've done a couple 60+ milers. Dunno why OP is worrying. I also rarely spin mine over 6K RPM and run 20W50 synthetic. Some of them do have POS carbs, but they are easily replaced.

Back