Huasheng

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by RickR, Jan 24, 2010.

1. RickR

RickR New Member

Hi:

I am considering a second motorbike build,this time it will be
    with a 4 stroke engine.
    How good are the HuaSheng 49cc 4 cycle engines.
    As I am leaning towards this engine along with the Q matic drive.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Rick:

2. HS worth it?

Hi Rick, excellent performance, gas mileage is over the top, small package, lightweight, low maintenance, few breakdowns reported across the boards.

Unbelievable value for the money in my opinion, and yes I do ride one myself. I also own and ride gx50ha Honda, and it is not worth the difference in price I believe.

Mike

3. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

My HS is a strong little engine for the size, and I'm thoroughly impressed with it. I only have around 200 miles on it so far, but when the weather gets warmer I plan to put a lot more miles on it.

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

I have 3500+ miles on mine :)
    all I have ever done is change the oil :)
    I am very impressed with this little engine !!!

5. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi RickR,

As many well know EZM has sold a lot of kits, and 99% have been the HS motor. Over the last 3 years the only warranty issue has been the rope starter [one repaired, one replaced].

I have a lot of miles [thousands] on my proto-type test motor, and have treated it badly........ZERO problems!
    I also have a Honda motor, and like Mike stated, it just doesn't seem like it is worth the difference in price.

I think the HS is one of the best motors currently in the market place, small, powerful, easy to start, and has a very wide RPM range.

Have fun,

6. nsideus

nsideus Guest

1 HuaSheng with 5,000+ miles rack mount up draft carb replaced diaphram at 3,000 miles most won't have this carb $12 for carb kit.
    1 HuaSheng with 6,000 miles starter broke
    1 HuaSheng 1,500 miles no problems
    all engines run great 1 to 2 pull start a very reliable engine
    I ride to work in all conditions from 100 degrees to -14 degrees a -36 degree chill factor.

7. Ramblerfan

Ramblerfan New Member

Just received my kit with the Huasheng engine. There is a set of wires coming out with a plug on the end..... I'm assuming one of them is the kill wire, but why 2 wires?

8. azbill

azbill Active Member

shorting the 2 together kills the engine ;)
    that's how it works on my EZM :)

9. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

I run mine hard. Wide open everywhere I go. :) All I ever have to do to it si change oil.
    Jay

10. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Q: What shaft style is needed on the HS for the EZM drive systems. Is it the same as the engine supplied with the Grubee 4G kit or the "Storm" 4T kit on kingsmotorbikes?

11. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi Arceeguy,

There are several different shafts used on the different motors. Some are 5/8", some are undersized [early Hoot], some shafts are shorter than others [G4, chain drive Hoot, & Titan].

We currently make several adapters for various motors, and are presently working on additional spacers & adapters for some of the more popular motors.

The problem with the latest motors is the extra, extra, extra wide profile of the drive systems. Our drive is approx. 2" from the side of the motor, whereas some of the latest offerings have drives that are 3" wide PLUS the width of the internal clutch. If the race to make the motors any wider continues we will all "walk funny".

EZM appears to be one of the only companies concerned with motor width, even Whizzer sports a 6" wide cover on their CVT drive NE-r. Maybe everyone is caught up in the "bigger is better" concept.

We suspend the widest part of the drive [the MaxTorque clutch] between 2 outboard bearings and therefore the clutch is mounted in the middle of the drive plate [left to right].

In fact our drive is so thin, the pedal clearance issue is on the pull start side of the motor, not so much on the drive side.

We designed the Q-Matic to fit a lot of motors, and if the motor has a rotating shaft we should be able to make adapters to connect it.

Our Q-Matic drive has been connected to motors with 3/4", 1/2", 15MM, and 5/8" output shafts, and therefore is very adaptable.

Have fun,

12. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Thanks Quenton!