Huasheng

RickR

Local time
7:54 PM
Hi:

I am considering a second motorbike build,this time it will be
with a 4 stroke engine.
How good are the HuaSheng 49cc 4 cycle engines.
As I am leaning towards this engine along with the Q matic drive.
Any help would be appreciated.

Rick:

HS worth it?

Hi Rick, excellent performance, gas mileage is over the top, small package, lightweight, low maintenance, few breakdowns reported across the boards.

Unbelievable value for the money in my opinion, and yes I do ride one myself. I also own and ride gx50ha Honda, and it is not worth the difference in price I believe.

Mike

My HS is a strong little engine for the size, and I'm thoroughly impressed with it. I only have around 200 miles on it so far, but when the weather gets warmer I plan to put a lot more miles on it.

Hi RickR,

As many well know EZM has sold a lot of kits, and 99% have been the HS motor. Over the last 3 years the only warranty issue has been the rope starter [one repaired, one replaced].

I have a lot of miles [thousands] on my proto-type test motor, and have treated it badly........ZERO problems!
I also have a Honda motor, and like Mike stated, it just doesn't seem like it is worth the difference in price.

I think the HS is one of the best motors currently in the market place, small, powerful, easy to start, and has a very wide RPM range.

Have fun,

1 HuaSheng with 5,000+ miles rack mount up draft carb replaced diaphram at 3,000 miles most won't have this carb $12 for carb kit.
1 HuaSheng with 6,000 miles starter broke
1 HuaSheng 1,500 miles no problems
all engines run great 1 to 2 pull start a very reliable engine
I ride to work in all conditions from 100 degrees to -14 degrees a -36 degree chill factor.

Just received my kit with the Huasheng engine. There is a set of wires coming out with a plug on the end..... I'm assuming one of them is the kill wire, but why 2 wires?

Q: What shaft style is needed on the HS for the EZM drive systems. Is it the same as the engine supplied with the Grubee 4G kit or the "Storm" 4T kit on kingsmotorbikes?

Back