Hub Adapter?

Discussion in 'Transmission / Drivetrain' started by Trmppiper, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Trmppiper

Trmppiper New Member

Hello fellow MBers. I'm building my second motorbike and I'm using a 29er schwinn midway. Can anyone tell me the rear hub diameter? I would really like to use a hub adapter instead of the rag joint to mount the rear sprocket. My rough measurement is 1 5/16" but like I said it's a rough measurement. Please help I would like to order the adapter asap. Thank you

2. FurryOnTheInside

FurryOnTheInside Active Member

I'm just wondering why you can't take an accurate measurement. Do you have the bike/hub yet? o_O

3. Trmppiper

Trmppiper New Member

Yes I have the hub. I don't have a set of calipers is the reason I can't take an accurate measurent. Do you know the size Furry?

4. Lloyde

Lloyde New Member

did you eyeball that measurement, or did you actually place a ruler/measuring tape inside the spokes and check it that way?

but to me it sounds like you need a 1.5" adapter for your hub.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  5. FurryOnTheInside

FurryOnTheInside Active Member

Before I bought a digital caliper I always measured tubes by cutting a U shape out of cereal box or similar stiff card, enlarging the gap a tiny bit at a time until it fits over the tube, then measuring with a ruler. It is actually really accurate done carefully. Not hundredths of a millimetre accurate like my caliper but still enough to find which size seatpost to buy or whatever.

Trmppiper likes this.
  6. JunkyardDog

JunkyardDog Active Member

You can get a digital caliper at Harbor Freight for about $10. I would never be able to get by without one.

FurryOnTheInside likes this.