Huffy Cranbrook $69.00 at Walmart

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Porkchop, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Porkchop

Porkchop Member

Walmart's Black Friday ad states they will have Huffy Cranbrooks in 24" & 26" models for $69.00 starting at 10:00pm on Thursday, Nov. 24, 2011 in case anyone's been thinking of purchasing one.

2. CroMagnum

CroMagnum Member

Yeah, but getting anywhere near the front of the line when Walmart opens their doors must be like being in the path of a herd of stampeding cows!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  3. Porkchop

Porkchop Member

I totally agree, but there will be a lot of folks there, and I don't imagine those bikes will be a hot item, so shouldn't be difficult to get one.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  4. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

I won't patronize any store that won't let it's employes off for THANKSGIVING... goes along with CHRISTMAS. Looks like I won't go into Wal Mart for the rest of the year, as little as I do to begin with. Target is also on my list.

5. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

I'm sort of inclined to agree with you but you have to look at a couple of things.
    for one,most of these stores are open 24-7, and when people get jobs there, they understand this and agree to it.
    so they know what they are in for when they apply for jobs there, and it actually asks you on the application if you are or are not willing to work holidays.
    I think in some cases, people need money bad enough that they don;t care and they want to work.
    I don't think these stores would ever close on holidays and give ALL of their employess the day off with holiday pay because it would be a huge expense.
    But on the other hand, these stores are big enough that they could afford to shut down on holidays and give every one of their employees a day off with pay. It wouldn't even make a dent in their $$.
    I know that some people can;t find any work other than at stores like this, but when people who are struggling, lucky to have a job, start asking for things like holidays off with pay, i think it makes them sound greedy.
    there are plenty of unemployed people out there who are despirate enough to work, that they would be happy to work on holidays and they woudl be happy to have a job.
    I'm not saying that it's right that these places are making their employees work on holidays, but it's also not wrong either.
    If the employees don't like it, they can get a job somewhere else...or, just call in sick on the holiday.

6. Porkchop

Porkchop Member

I started this thread as a friendly heads up for anyone that might have been thinking of getting a Cranbrook, not as a battle of political wits. If you want to boycot stores that open on holidays, then lets go a little further. Boycot hospitals, law enforcement and other emergency outfits, our military services, utility companies that provide you with water, electricity, gas and whatever else “on holidays“. The boycot list can go on and on. This discussion has gotten way off track of the post intent.

7. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Right on!!!

Thanks porkchop, although I think everyone has a right to express their opinion, The rules say ya gotta stay on topic as much as possible. And I shop at Wallyworld all the time. It's cheap and only 1/2 mile from my house. Thanks for the heads up.
    Big Red.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
  8. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Black Friday

I've been checking out the Walmart site and even went down to my local Walmart. The ONLY Huffy Cranbrook that will be on sale is the icky green womens model. I think I'm still gonna get the Black men's Cranbrook anyway. It's only a $20.00 difference from the alleged sale price. But, Just to make entirly sure, I'm gonna wait till friday and check it out again. The guy at the store said exactly what I found out on their web site. ONLY the icky green womens cranbrook will be on sale for $69.00.
    Big Red.

9. wbuttry

wbuttry Member

well u could always paint it and would be good for friction drive or any rear mount application and would be perfect for people with leg problems or just older people easy step in design lajolla has a 24 inch girls bike all aluminum frame 24 inch tires it is also a cruiser style bike i'll find a pic http://www.walmart.com/ip/24-Girls-Next-La-Jolla-Cruiser/10899861

10. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Cranbrook

Sorry Guy's, I was wrong. But in my defence, I was lied to by walmart. The MENS 26", Dark Blue Huffy Cranbrook IS on sale today. I don't think you'll find it in the store, (OUT OF STOCK). I had to order it online with site to store shipping. Total cost with tax is $74.69. That's a pretty good deal when ya can't even buy a used cruiser bike for that.
    Big Red.

11. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

That's the flavor of Cranbrick I'm running- in spite of the doom and gloom prophets regarding this rig, it's still running like the proverbial striped posterior primate. There's also the Nel Lusso, the Panama Jack, the College Cranbrook, the Kareoke (no joke- has amp for digital music device) and the 24" Cranbrook. They're ALL Cranbricks with different colors and options and the same 12 gauge spokes, steel wheels and welded cantilever frame with fat 2.125" tires. Those green ladies' models represent some of the last dangerouse crannies as the Chinese were still on the lower end of the learning curve at that time. I saw the mens' model of that color and IT WAS SCARY! BTW- the new black/grey/argyle ones tie in NICELY with the black tank and power chain guard of the China Girl kit in my opinion.
    the Old Sgt.:army:

12. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Cranbrook

Thank's Sarge, Thats good to hear about theframe and wheels. I was hoping I didn't get a big pile O chinese carp. I really wanted the Black/Grey one but that one was not on sale. (20 or 25 bucks is a lot of money to me).
    12 guage spoked steel wheels is a huge plus in it's favor. The thin guage aluminium wheels taco too easy.
    I'm gonna take my time on this one, but I'll try to keep everyone updated on it's progress.
    Big Red.

13. cavalierchristian

cavalierchristian New Member

I bought my cranbrook for 90 bux on wednesday and said screw the black friday sale on thursday cause there was no way I was gonna stand in line that late at night and miss out on going out of town to see my family to save 20 bux. Although 20 dollars is alot to save when we are talking about something under $100, but just not worth the effort to me... I have never really been one for the whole black friday thing when there is ebay that you can do from home and no line to wait in!

14. I just ordered a blue and tan "Cranbrick" from Walmart. I plan to use my Staton friction drive kit and Robin Subaru EHO35 engine on it. I was offered 4 times what I paid for the Trek 800 I was going to use by someone who really wanted it (to ride as is), so I gave in and sold it to him. The Cranbrook will look better, but is nowhere near the quality. But then, maybe it doesn't need to be.

15. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

Friction drive on a Cranbrick? THAT ought to be intersting... Looking forward to pics on that. The little China Girl/HT smoker does a decent enough job but I can see the advantages of a friction operation, not the least of which is NO CHAIN OR BELT!!! :army:

16. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Cranbrook

Yeah Sarge, Interesting. I'm wondering whats gonna happen to the fender, Front OR rear. Most friction drives attach to the rear, but either way would work. So, remove the fender or make a hole in it? (Remove I think.)
    Big Red.