Hulo from N.E. Alabama

aaabluezer

Local time
6:18 AM
Hulo,
I'm 49 y.o. male, married w/ 4 boys mostly grown ,and getting back into bikes in general. Came across this forum and love it.
I have several bikes that would work for motor, none with suspension. I'll probably lurk a while and try to get up to speed. Leaning towards a rear mount. I work at a metal fab. place so that should help. Would like opinions on the difficulty/ advantages of inside vs. outside drive (kits)
Would love to hear from anyone in the area working with MB's. I'm 240# so will probably build or purchase a heavier built wheel.
Anyway- I'll read the newbie stickys etc. There seem to be many more options than I had imagined on how to go about motorizing.
Hope this whole thing turns in to a movement- I think it's great!
Andy a.k.a Bluezer

hi bluezer; with you enrollment it is officially a movement! welcome. i weigh a tad more and dont need new wheel. lots of options, w-mart or sax 5th, china or japan, chain or belt, frame or rack, 2 or 4 cycle and it goes on. good luck mitch

Mitch,
Glad to know the movement is official. I've a son out your way in Seatle with the Coast Guard I'd like to get interested in this. Any bike shops etc. specializing in this out your way? Thanks for the wellcome.
Bluezer

Hi Bluezer. Welcome to MBc!
Yes, I think its turned in to a movement. The membership has nearly doubled since February. WOW!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Back