I Am A Research Nerd About To Buy My First Bicycle Engine

Its my first time back since posting and I have read all of your comments. i will be looking into the DAX a bit more. I will update the page to include any kits that are not junk.
Being able to get paid for referrals is a great incentive therefore Staton and Dimension's edge are appealing. Staton's program is my favorite because the buyer has an incentive to give reference to the recommender.

I would like to know how homemade fuel could be used to power one of these. Could they go on pure alcohol and vegetable oil?

I'm new here but I nerd out Too.

Hey,

You and I may be kindred spirits. Since I became aware of motorized bicycles I have been researching and building like crazy. I have built 6 motored bikes and have also experimented with changing the power source for motorcycles. My advice to you is DAX DAX DAX DAX!!! I hate this guys shipping policy and his website is a pain in the butt to use but his products are in every way superior. I have used both his 2 and 4 cycle/stroke kits and they are superior. If you decide to use a gas engine as opposed to another power source I really think you will find DAX the best in class no matter which one of his engines you buy. If you do anything electric or diesel please let me know because I need more input before I nerd out in a whole new direction. Happy travels.

whoooooa!!!

2 things...

referrals for money kind of grinds the wrong gears around here, it's best if folks keep that stuff private...joining to gain exposure for possible referrals would be the wrong reason to be here.

and, smyton, i don't wanna dampen your excitement, but...as far as i know (i could be wrong) i have the only civilian dax 4-stroke there is right now.

we don't usually get into direct recommendations, geez do those topics get smoky fast...

we prefer the honest detailed reports our members post & we consider MBc the perfect research-reference for making your own motoredbiking choices :cool:

Best Bicycle Engine

Hello, I just found this post as I do not frequent this area. By far and away, the Whizzer is the VERY best bicycle engine available in the US, Maybe the world?

Starting out that NO other bike engine that will fit in regular bicycle has an alternator on board.

Roller Rod, ball and roller bearings in the bottom end.

American company with Dealer network AND every nut bolt and screw availble from Company.

DOT, EPA, and CARB approved, the bike is Legal most everywhere.

Long life, no mixing fuel, infinately repairable! Looks good, lasts good, and sounds good. Well designed, and well supported AND an American Historical reincarnation!

What more can you ask for?

Mike (completely unbiased?)

we don't usually get into direct recommendations, geez do those topics get smoky fast...
i have yet to see if this is even a real thread, mike...it may be just a ploy for clicks. i hope i'm wrong :)

correction

Thanks Augidog what I was trying to say is I have used hi 2 stroke kits and also experimented with 4 stroke engines(frame mount with the rest of the dax kit). You hit the nail on the head I am so excited about the cool stuff coming (slowly) from Colorado these days that I jammed to many sentences together. New pic of a 20 inch with a 2 stroke and my sisters dax 70cc/schwinn jaguar coming soon. Now if Portland would stop raining I would be so happy.

Clicks?

Hi Augi, yes I think you may be right. I looked at that "site" and could not have been less impressed!

Ads all over, and a little bit of writing, I have had MANY requests to "trade links" with a bunch of rather phoney "informational" sites, and I have rejected as many as one or two a week!

Somehow I feel that a person should create something, develop something, or maybe really research something indepth.

I for one am very interested to see what the OP has to say about this.

Mike

Interesting Thread

My rebuttal

I came to bicycle engine world with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever. I studied the websites of all the bicycle engine kits especially those selling Japanese engines since those have a proven track record and those were the sites most convincing websites.

Then I went and called the distributors themselves and had at least 3 hours of phone conversations to try and understand in the simplest possible terms what are the differences of each kit. Plus I made emails, etc.

I spent a lot of time on this site just to find the same information I summerised in my lens. I do not say any kit is better than any other I just explain how a friction drive works, how a chain drive works, etc.
These things are not obvious to every first time buyer.

After all was said and done it didn't require many words to say what needed to be said. It did however take many hours of work to create.

The purpose of my site is that people can come and get a quick breakdown of the differences between each kit. It took me hours to figure out and if I can save someone else some time then I have met my objective. They can see the videos of how these things work, pictures, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Rubuttal

Hello, after having been in the Motor Bicycle business over 8 years, I am continually amazed by the "built one bike experts" "studied the market experts" and associated others.

Somehow I cannot imagine why someone with no first-hand knowedge of a subject, would wish to attempt to write an "informative" site, about which they are inexperianced?

Addtionally, an effort to make "commissions" from such an undertaking seems a bit to me like making money off of the unschooled, when in fact, so many of us offer real instruction free. And have been giving free help, free advise, and even minor grief councilling as a matter of our continuing involvement in this Hobby/Sport/Transportation lifestyle.

Have I missed something?

Perhaps someone can enlighten me?

I am certainly open to the truth, whatever that might be.

Mike

Back