I am almost back on the road!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Simonator, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Simonator

Simonator Guest

My motor bike has been off the road since august. The motor mount studs broke off in the block. I lost my job, so I sold the motor as is to pay rent. The times are tough here in Michigan right now. We have the highest unemployment rate in the country. I have been out of work for 3 months. I finally got a job! If the job works out, I will be ordering a new kit from thatsdax within a month. I can't wait! I am sick of peddling! :grin:

2. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Glad you got a new job, good luck with it. Hope to see you back motorized again soon.

3. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Hey hang in there and good luck on the new job! I know how it goes man, I've spent time in that situation... I'm finally back in my career field after a seven year hiatus of crummy jobs and unemployment. And now have my bikes again too. :) It's funny but those bikes, and the dreams of bikes really kept me going through those hard times... really- good luck and keep on keepin' on...

4. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Good to see that your getting back on your feet man.I think we all go through these rough patches in life sometimes.
    Look on the brightside...perhaps by the time your ready Duane will have his new 4-stroke on the road and ready for sale........onwards and upwards eah. :smile:

5. Simonator

Simonator Guest

It is just a matter of weeks now guys!!!! I am going to make a video of me flying 40+ mph down the street after I get this kit, and break in the engine!

6. wayde

wayde Guest

i feel your pain i too am financially challenged and i have a job, 2 yrs the loans will be paid and the bikes and i mean lots of bikes will be built one for every day of the week and two for sunday
    glad to hear you'll be riding soon

7. Simonator

Simonator Guest

YAY! I came up with the money, and ordered a kit from thatsdax. I can't wait. Too bad that there is a 10 day waiting period before it ships..... Oh well.

8. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

10 days goes pretty quick...it's the years that worry me........10 years goes pretty quick.

9. Simonator

Simonator Guest

Aint that the truth! The time keeps going faster and faster!

10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

funny how as soon as you get yerself back on the road, it kinda slows down again...i'm stoked for you :cool:

11. Simonator

Simonator Guest

12. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Yep,go another notch and test...also while your there make sure the carby needle doesn't have irregular bumps on it.I've been told from someone who builds these HT kit bikes for a living that defective needles are around.

13. Simonator

Simonator Guest

well i tried the 4th notch and its still bogging. Hmmm.... I could try the needle from my spare carb.

I think some A-hole might have called the cops on me. I was riding it around my apartment complex for a good 15-20 mins then I saw a cop fly in about 1/4 mile down the street. I quickly ran inside. He is parked out on the street right now. Cops don't come in here all that much. My only guess is that he is waiting for me.

14. Simonator

Simonator Guest

well, so much for that. I decided to take a SHORT trip down the street. Only about 1/4 mile. My bike doesn't have a light. I was only going about 15 mph when a big SUV flew out of a parking lot and creamed me. My bike is damaged. It needs a new wheel, fork, and brakes. That is assuming the frame isn't bent....

Not only my bike is broke. I am broke. I am pretty sure my hand is broke. I have pains in other places too. I hope nothing else is broke...

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/100_14361.JPG

15. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

I HOPE YOUR OK....GET TO A DOCTOR or HOSPITAL.
    Bikes can be repaired much more easily than ppl..........GO!

16. jimmyglitter

jimmyglitter Member

test ride

Be careful, maybe a night shift worker lives in the complex. I know what it is like when you are trying to sleep during the day before a night shift. Especially when someone's life depends on your concentration. Otherwise, enjoy your ride!
    :smile:
    jimmyglitter

17. jimmyglitter

jimmyglitter Member

oops

Sorry to hear that.

Jimmyglitter