I am extremely lucky...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad macarollo broke his hitch post and was OK! I'm REALLY GLAD, because now, he will learn what it takes to build a stronger one. It's all about the creative process of trial-and-error and learning what it takes to eliminate the weak links, and I'm sure it will be better in the end.

Good luck macarollo, you have my full support as always!

Thanks. Sometimes you have to make mistakes to learn. Hopefully other people can learn from my mistake on this one.

Calling someone cognitively challenged is not tantamount to wishing him dead,please try to comprehend plain English.I considered your kind of activities unsafe,I cautioned you,and ventured to tell you that if you came to harm because of that,it would be no great loss to mankind in view on your apparent disregard for the safety of others.
As far as creativity goes,instead of slapping oversize engines onto bicycles,why not,for instance look into aerodynamically efficient fairings etc,to improve efficiency.That would be a worthwhile endeavor,in the spirit of efficient personal transportation.You can hardly expect me to have a positive attitude about activities which in my opinion are detrimental to the cause of MB,and which could lead to unwelcome interest by the LAW
As far as Mr Macarallo goes,I was concerned about his safety,so I was "faking"that, to berate him for conduct unbecoming an expectant father.It's irresponsible to go joy riding at 50mph with a design ? that I (and others) WARNED him about as a candidate for structural failure.And it failed,he was lucky.Trial and error is OK if that's the only way to proceed,otherwise listen to those with knowledge and experience and don't use the public roads as a test bed for reckless experiments.Your concept of freedom is apparently just to do as you **** well please,go to India,Egypt or Brazil,these places should be to your liking,hectic,dangerous and pretty much lawless.(as far as traffic is concerned)

OH good lord. You’re on this thread too. Have you ever heard the phrase "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all". Why don't you go play with your NuVinci? We get it; you’re better than us. We get it; nothing is safe unless you say so. We get it, if the masses don't bow to your every whim you throw a fit. WE GET IT.

Repent and change your imprudent ways !,it is not too late yet, or move to the salt flats.I am the zealous angel of P&M ( Prudence& Moderation), and I will not relent!.It's too cold to play outside with the NV safely.Might catch some dread disease.Thinking of putting my bike on stands in the basement,it's really hyper-super-safe there ridingwise but the CO might get me.Will have to work on a cat. convertor first and a wind machine.Also a tad boring. Could you come up with some really exciting road videos,that I could prudently project ?.(no IED's or hanky panky&jiggly stuff of course,bad for your BP)This is clearly in your interest since it just might keep me from hounding you.As you have found out ,I am EVERYWHERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying To Be Neutral

Trying to be neutral, but it's difficult when moderators aren't refereeing.

This has gone far enough.

dui, you made your point a long time ago.

You're violating forum rules by name-calling and disrespecting others. Talking down to other members isn't very nice. You won't impress common people(myself included) with your language skills.

Why don't you move on to other topics?

To parrot another forum member's words, you're "uglying up" the threads.:whistle:

Here's An Idea!

:unsure:How about if you guys pm and bash each other and keep this thread on the technical side?

If I were to post a detailed technical analysis of a pusher-trailer under emergency braking conditions (LOUSY) or about fatigue failures due to vibration,I would surely be branded as a stuck-up nerdy elitist, by the trial and error crowd.Besides hardly anybody would understand it,nor choose to accept my conclusions.Puttin on airs,who does he think he is !.It's all part of this anti-intellectual mindset that pervades this country."I don't know nuthin and I'm proud of it".It so happens that some people happen know more than others by education and experience.Over half the advanced degrees in the sciences and engineering go to foreign nationals and increasingly they are leaving for better opportunities elsewhere, to this country's detriment.The US is on an accelerating slide towards technological backwardness,the jobs are in the technology area,not in the financial sector or business administration,whatever that might be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back