I am hanging out in the CC where it is safe !

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by moondog, Jun 12, 2010.

1. moondog

moondog Member

What was I thinking posting in the Rack-Mounted Drive-Trains forum ? ! ? ! :dunce:

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Hahaha!

3. moondog

moondog Member

I promise to never do that again !

And bros, if I go crazy again ( you got to know by now I AM CRAZY ) remind me of this promise.

4. moondog

moondog Member

5. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Have to agree with the thread title: I am hanging out in the CC where it is safe !

After 42 infraction points in 12 hours, i'm not taking any chances.

Fabian

6. moondog

moondog Member

7. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Be careful moondog, i'm sure someone is frantically going through the legals to see if they can slap infraction points on you.

If i get 14 infraction points for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D0VhS8qXT0 a satirical expose on the global financial crisis, then your video must be worth a multi-lifetime ban, where not even reincarnation can save your arse.

Cheers Fabian

8. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Oh yes, i received another 7 infraction points for something seriously lame...

9. moondog

moondog Member

10. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

moondog, you'll get us killed!

11. kerf

kerf Guest

How is it that you guys get so many points? You can't get any here and if you just play nice on the other forums you'll be alright. OK, I admit the the "Green Door" is gonna be a trap for any honest person, that hasn't sold their soul to the "Green Devil" and I expressed that to Tom. For that reason, I don't go there.

On the bike forums, I talk bikes, in the CC I talk politics, bull sh1t, bash communist mother fockers or anything else I want to do. So where's the rub?

12. moondog

moondog Member

Hey, I can't edit my work on the motoredbikes.com forum like I can on the others so I guess the other forums will get my work.

The motored bike forums are so Tom can burn baby burn in his RV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Nffq0bOgE

13. moondog

moondog Member

14. moondog

moondog Member

15. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

kerf, i've had some experience being a mod on another site and i left because there comes a point where critical mass is achieved and people start getting power drunk.
    It's no fun when you know some mods are slagging off members and reading their PM's behind their back and the other stuff that goes on.
    In the end i spent more time fighting to keep the *******s honest above the second tier. Finally i had enough and left the site when they were modifying and deleting peoples posts without their knowledge and banning people with legitimate grievances against sponsors: time to delivery; problems with refunds etc.

It seems to happen to all forums: there seems to be an accretion disc that gathers members towards a particular forum and as it increases in size, more mods are needed and some people, through friendly connections get all self righteous when they get some power.
    At the end of the day, positions of power need to be treated responsibly.
    Whether this is happening at motored bikes is outside of my knowledge. Naturally, as a non-mod, it gives you the ability to have some fun and pump up the dynamics of forums such as this.

Fabian

16. moondog

moondog Member

The mods should be elected and have term limits.

And put a motor on it Tom. Show people what is out there ! :cool2:

17. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

It's just the way it goes, sometimes people can lead themselves to believe that they are the Dali Lama, forgetting about proportion response.
    One thing must be remembered: all forums establish a clique, an inner circle if you would put it another way, and i guess people don't like their apple cart being rocked.

18. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

sorry for the typo -----> proportional response

19. kerf

kerf Guest

I don't know about cliques but I do know forums aren't Democratic and I don't expect them to be. I'm a guest here and as such I should follow the rules that the host has set. I do have the right to leave but that's pretty much all. Speaking for myself, I'm alright with that system.

20. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Not disagreeing with you kerf, and you are right: I do know forums aren't Democratic and I don't expect them to be. I'm a guest here and as such I should follow the rules that the host has set.

Obviously, the tone of the forum is created by the person who designed it and brought it to life. They are the ones who own the thing and control how it is run, but after a period of time, these forums tend to take on a life of their own.