I am looking for a 66cc Bike Motor Kit~Need opinions

stephen52402001

Local time
5:28 AM
Hi, Everyone,

I am new guy looking for my first gasbike.

Actually, I made some research from the left hand side of sponsor links.

Try to compare and figure out the pros and cons of different 66cc Bike Motor Kit.

I compare one items on Ebay and one on gasbike.net shown as the link below, however, I don't know what's the buying criteria for 66cc bike motor kit

Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/EPA-66cc-80cc-M...Cycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2304313b1b

Gasbike.net:
http://www.gasbike.net/grubee_skyhawk_gt5_66cc_80cc_slant_head_standard_finish_bike_motor_kit.html

I notice that the difference of these two products are the angles of spark plugs. Is there any special meaning for that design? Makes installation easier?

Need some experts' feedback and opinions.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hi, Andy.

Do you have any comments on this 66cc Bike Motor kit?
Or, where I can find some good product with reasonable price?
Thanks for your response. :)

I was going to buy a china kit on ebay just like just about any newbee to MB idea, but after reading bunch of horror stories on this forum about those, I decided to buy quality utility engine bolted to friction drive. Very easy and dependable setup.

I am happy with my choice.

If you are a type who likes to constantly play, tweek and fix things, you might be happy with HT kit.

But if you want to built MB , then just ride it without much of problems along the way, then China kit is not for you.

Read more posts regarding engines, drives, kits then make your own decision.

Good luck and happy riding!

No matter what the seller claims, I have found that most of the HT kits are about the same.

not the same

I started with the least expensive Ebay set up I could get and every part on it failed within about 600 miles. I then bought a zoom bike engine and it has worked flawlessly since then. I noticed that the better engine had larger head bolts and higher quality parts.

even the gas tank on my cheep kit started to leek after awhile. Just because they have a similar design doesn't me their all alike. A old saying is" you get what you pay for" is out there for a reason.

Mike Frye- the bike guy

after reviewing many people's feedbacks, I am strat thinking about finding a gasbike with good quality with accepable price.

Ebay seems a good place for us to compare the price online. However, I am more concern about the after-sale customer service. Just in case I damage anything accidiently.

Generally speaking, what product specs will you guys take into consideration before purchasing a gasbike?

Right now, I am discussing my choice with my brother about these two models shown below.

"GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc"

http://www.gasbike.net/grubee-skyha...otor-kit-black-finish-bicycle-engine-kit.html

another one model is "Jet 66cc/80cc"

http://www.gasbike.net/bicycle_motor_engine_kit_gas_bike_jet_80cc.html

Here is one thing I am kinda confused. GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc is like $20 more expensive than Jet 66cc/80cc but with less HP.

Is that because of the brand? Any body wanna share comments? So that, I can make my final decision to purchase one for my brother's X'mas gift.

Thanks for all your feedbacks and comments

I have a stock Jet and it runs well. Have not had it long enough to say if it will last but it seems strong and smooth. This is my first MB so I really don't know nothin'

Ya, some of my friends recommend me Jet as well.

I guess because of their selling price and quality is comparetively good.

Thanks for your opinion.

Is it difficult to install these bike engine kit on your bike?

Hopefully not....

install info

If I were you I would expect all of your hardware to get loose quick. I have had to doable up all of my mounting hardware so I could bind one nut against another. I would get myself a torc wrench. I am constantly checking my head bolts(every other day) to keep them from loosing up. I only set mine to 12 pounds but I would check with the forum to see what they recommend.

My motor bicycle is my main form of transport here in the burbs, but I still don't take it for granted. Be aware of your ride and the environment. A cheep car is still over fifty times your size and nobody can ague with Newtonian physics.
there is a thread dedicated to new users I would look it up.

there, you got my two cents worth, good luck

Mike Frye- the bike guy:D

Back