I can't believe it !

tn97kouki

Local time
1:51 AM
I picked up a schwinn jaguar with teeny rims , hs 50 ,upgraded seat , and other upgrades from one of the engineers at work for ......$100 .

It does great . It needed lots of tlc . He had lost interest and had it sitting since may . Cleaned the carb replaced some bearings and brakes and fired right up . Also had to get the bushing in the clutch loose and replace the output shaft bearing . Only downside is the rear sprocket . When he purchased the rims he bought a 50 tooth sprocket to replace the 56 so it has very little low end . By the way it is a stage 2 gearbox . I think I am going to get a sbp shift kit and f&r disc brakes .

Here's a few pics

Attachments

• jaguar 016.JPG
    jaguar 016.JPG
    262.6 KB · Views: 181
  • jaguar 014.JPG
    jaguar 014.JPG
    285 KB · Views: 178
  • jaguar 018.jpg
    jaguar 018.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 158
  • jaguar 020.JPG
    jaguar 020.JPG
    292.3 KB · Views: 172
that's strange because normally a bigger rear sprocket will give you more bottom end.
and when i say bigger, i mean bigger than the standard 44 tooth.
you say that it has a 50 tooth on it, which should give tons of low end, but maybe because it has a 2 speed gearbox, the gear ratio is way different than on a single speed set up.

It's not two speed . It is just a gearbox . The 4 strokes have different sized sprockets (you are thinking of 2 stroke sprockets I believe). The 50 gears it higher . A 56 tooth sprocket is the size that came with this kit . When the previous owner bought the wheels he also bought the sprocket .

Back