I don't like our bikes used without permission

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Egor, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Egor

Egor Guest

I guess it is inevitable that our beautiful bikes will be used without permission. I asked the builder of this site to remove my bike, it also has a few others on there also. There is no link to the source, or who the builder is. Not Cool. There are links to this forum but not too the bikes. What should be done? Have fun, Dave

2. wanger

wanger Guest

set your album 2 private
  3. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

well I was on another site once -- not MBs
    and things from that site ended up ALL OVER THE INTERNET

it's the same for newspaper stories -- I have had more than a few of those also
    looks like those also will be floating around on the internet for -- EVER

I am not a PRO on computer -- known mountain fact
    but - it seems that most know

may end up anywhere

I am not into MYSPACE or anything like that
    but - would we put a naked picture of a family member on there ???

I don't think that your motor bike will care

ride that MB thing
  4. Karamil

Karamil Guest

In my opinion situations like this could be best resolved with a private message asking that the builders get credit for their creations.

However personally I would find it more a compliment then an affront to find my work shown off by strangers.

Everyone seems to be so focused on the negative these days they don't see the positive. And it really is sad.
  5. Mountainman

as she rides that thing

sharing pictures of my steady motor bike
    doesn't bother me one bit
    as long as I am the main mountain rider here

be a different story if they were pictures of my wife or something

just a guess
    thinking that once we post a picture of our MB on site
    it's up for grabs

we may have learned a lesson
    don't post a naked picture of your wife riding your MB on site
    as she
    rides that thing
  6. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

I dont see the problem...?

If the guy had said... I built this bike and its mine and yadda yadda when it was the pictures of your bike he had used I could understand it.

So far as I can tell thats not the case... and its true that people should understand that with the internet there is no such thing as privacy - people will link to things because they are interesting - and that is what makes the internet such a useful resource... where else could you find everything from an MB to detailed user guides for a deltic powered PT boat?

I have had poems and things linked to and gotten emails from total strangers congratulating me on writing them.. its a nice thing that someone bothered to write to me to tell me they enjoyed them..

Jemma xx
  7. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

If you don't want it stolen don't post it on the internet OR if you want credit for it just watermark it or something. I don't honestly see what the big deal is. It's not like some peeping tom posted nudies of your wife or whatever.
  8. Mountainman

to be together (alone) with your MB

that's what I am talking about

your MB is going to live through all this

and in time -- you also -- will recovery

so as to be together (alone) with your MB and

ride that thing
  9. Egor

Egor Guest

I guess it should be flattering to have our work plagorized. I think it would be appropriate for them to at least list the owner so the work could be recognized. I still think our stuff posted here is for our group and not to be used for someone else gain. Have fun, Dave
  10. Accender

Accender Member

Hey, Its a good plug for this site!
    Why did not use my pics?

num nuts

11. graucho

graucho Active Member

Yes, yes. It used to bug me but my mini chopped builds are used in hundreds of places and by multiple vendors. Keeping track, complaining, would be a full time job. At least your bike is presented in a professional format and is looking soooooo fine.
    We should have our own online magazine sporting our rides with a story behind them, promoting our sport. I wish I had the time and know how to build the site.
  12. TwoWalks

TwoWalks Member

13. cory

cory Guest

Are You Seriouse!!!

Ok I've seen enough! This forum has gotten so uptight I cant bring myself to even post on it anymore. All I can say is have fun, isn't that what its about? In most all cases we aren't building these bikes to re-sell in mass quantity cookie cutter style so why so stiff? I would be flattered if a member copied my Whizzer, not that anyone would want to. Color me out, done with this forum.:confused:
  14. TwoWalks

TwoWalks Member

Cory since I am the target of this thread, I feel I can make this observation: You are taking the wrong approach. Yes there are many uptight people and threads that are here as other places on the internet, but, you still have a lot to offer the people that are not uptight and are looking for input. Hang around, I am.:grin:
  15. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hey cory. within a week I touch a variety of forums. The outcome is always the same no matter I go. You have "your know it all's", "your political saviors", "your always complainers", "those who take information and never give", "your helpers and contributers".
    Hang in There! Take what you need from the forum. Ignore and click away from the posts that make you shake your head. I agree with TwoWalks when he says you still have a lot to offer. This is a better place with you here.
  16. Egor

Egor Guest

Two Walks - That's cool no harm done. I may have overreacted, but I think it would be nice to be recognized for the work done. I was looking at the site and it looks like fun. I don't think I would let anyone use the bike for sales promotion though, its not fair that someone think that what you have created is what they will be able to come up with. Ill come over and put up a blurb. Have fun, Dave

17. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

I dont mind at all, I gave permission for a UK seller to use pictures of my bike, its on the front page of his website, and appears as the picture for his ebay listings! I didnt know at first about the ebay listings, so I had a little shock when I was looking at bikes for sale and saw mine :-s
  18. TwoWalks

TwoWalks Member

Dave no problem, just sorry for the confusion.
  19. kenspice

kenspice Guest

Ever heard of a watermark and/or a patent? You gave a gift and someone took it.