i feel ive violated myself doin this!

Discussion in 'Laws, Legislation & Emissions' started by beast775, Aug 22, 2008.

1. beast775

beast775 Guest

liscensed bicycle

here is a liscensed bicycle.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2008

2. HI,

Wow....I like all the lights...Good Job!

Andrew

3. Tylden

Tylden New Member

Indeed ! The license plate scares me but the lights are fantastic ! Nice work !

4. Bikeuser

Bikeuser Member

did registering your bike make you feel like a better patriot?

5. Man with it being all legal you may as well find a way to get some gears on there so you can keep up with the scooters! Great job!!
    Maybe one day Canada will come around.
    I hope that doesn't happen here.

6. jboisclair

jboisclair Member

How did you hook up all those lights, do they operate off of the motors power or a battery?

It looks like you have a SLA 12 or 6v battery in the frame.

7. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

beast - you did what you had to do - must have been a hassle - good job done and you are legal - safer at night also - pooolice shouldn't mess with you - that does mean a lot... Ride That Thing - Mountainman

8. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

NIce job Beast. You didn't violate yourself your government did. I have the same kind of laws here where a motorized bike has to be registered as a moped or motor-driven cycle. It was never enforced from what I can tell but at least registration and conversion to "street legal" was easy enough for me. For others in this state its been more a pain in the butt getting a VIN assigned and whatnot. I figure its pretty much a one time deal anyways since I'll keep that plate active by tossing them $4 a year and if my bike ever gives out on me it'll go to the next motorized bike I make. They won't know the difference anyhow.
    Do you love having the horn? I know I do :)

9. beast775

beast775 Guest

lights action camera

i live on sovereign terms,a better patriot?i have respect for fellow flesh and blood humans.i do not support the corporation of canada.canada is a corporation plain and simple:smile:.there is no charging system on the bike.i use led headlight and running light,1157s.12 volt sla 8 ah.it will take a couple of weeks to bring the charge down to 11 volts,there is relays and 2 6 volt regulators hooked up in series.no need for a charging system.the bike is not legal now,i have just givin it to the government,thats what it is all about,legal haha.:cool:

10. Email

Email Member

Nice job, and it's good seeing a street legal setup (would be nice to see a forum of street legal bikes, for those of us who have to go all the way). If I did internal gearing, I'd do a internal geared hub on the front wheel, but no clue how well it'd hold up.

Either that or I'd try what I been dreaming up the last few nights. A skinny four wheeled (to help with engine support, provide more footing - just get off, lock the handlebars facing forward and it's parked) carbon framed bicycle, that would shift side to side (turning left would lift the left wheels slightly, turning right would lift the right wheels slightly) as you turn (front wheel drive so the gyroscopic effect works for you and you have better fuel efficiency).

11. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Email the only problem wit that is pretty much every state and province recognizes just two and three wheeled human powered vehicles as bicycles.

12. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Beware the vagaries of admiralty law! LOL!

13. beast775

beast775 Guest

fun with systems

Yes im aware only about 2600 hrs logged in,not very difficult really,if you walk into there vessel,and see there flag,you are put on notice of admiralty court.and the king is in control.and if there is a king the people have no sovereignity.but if people understood this they could take control.:cool:.bicycle or boat no difference hhmm.:shock:all fun and games really.[and now johnny back to bicycles!]

14. Email

Email Member

Pretty much, but Alabama

Alabama does not recognize 3 wheeled bikes as bicycles, though there is some wiggle room for the 4 wheeled type like the Surrey's (I think some politician had a family member with a rental for them or something, only thing that makes sense).

32-5A-281
    (1) BICYCLE. A human-powered vehicle with two wheels in tandem design to transport by the act of pedaling one or more persons seated on one or more saddle seats on its frame. "Bicycle" includes, but is not limited to, a human-powered vehicle designed to transport by the act of pedaling which has more than two wheels when the vehicle is used on a public roadway, public bicycle path, or other public road or right-of-way, but does not include a tricycle.
    (9) TRICYCLE. A three-wheeled human-powered vehicle designed for use by a child under the age of six.

So what has more than two wheels and is not a trike? A Surrey? Unless it's using a tricycle to denote something for kids under six from definition 9 in definition 1?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  15. Email

Email Member