I found an interesting killswitch/anti theft technique

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Sheik Yerbouti, Mar 2, 2008.

1. hot70cc

hot70cc Guest

I hope your not talking about mounting this on a bike are you??? Cause if so if i wanted to steel a bike i would just pick it up and put in over my shoulder, and run away.

2. Then I will chase you down and cause some mad drama.
    It would be spectacular.

3. Well, it'll be chained. Just sort of an extra precaution.

4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

*2nd chain & pitbull not included*

:lol::p:p

5. azbill

azbill Active Member

cool switch tho
    added to my favorites
    thanks

6. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

thats pretty neat! and considering both my kill switches broke i might get this. i really like the look, and if i mount to the bars or somthin, my keys wont stab me in the leg!:grin: and plus it kinda contributes to the look. ~added feature~ it keeps my little bro from taking it, and joyriding!

7. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

are you sure this will work, before i buy it? like right volts? cause i have a switch that wont work, im thinking either 2 low volts or 2 high? or mabey wire is fried. also, normally closed means???? im a noob with wires. wich will kill the engine when i take out the key? normally closed or open?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2008
  8. hot70cc

hot70cc Guest

If your man enouph, lololololol,
    But in all reality i am not the theft type, never have never will.

9. hot70cc

hot70cc Guest

If its chained , then what is the need for the switch, sorry just trying to see the need for a switch. No need if it is chained, If they wanted it bad enough, like i said they would cut the chain then throw it on the back of a truck then there it goes.

10. Negative Nancy.

11. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

If you want an off/on switch that thieves won't deal with, just put a toggle switch inside a metal box where you have to stick a finger in through a small hole to flip the switch. A thief would be too paranoid to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2008
  12. Funny how the thing that worries me the most about locking up my bike is that it only takes a second for some #$%^# to make off with my gas cap and %$^* in my tank.

13. Stink Bike

Stink Bike Member

14. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

ANYTHING u can do to help prevent the theft of your bike must be a bonus.My household contents insurance also covers the theft of my biike but i still use a kill switch and good wire cable/padlock.Simple money doesn't replace love or the X amount of hours taken building something.

15. hot70cc

hot70cc Guest

???? Not Negative<just proving the facts. Bikes are different than motorcycles, like 400 lbs + different, If someone wanted a motorized bike they could take it very easy unless it was chained to a pole. i don't see the need for a key switch , its basically pointless. The only reason for a key switch is to take the place for a kill switch NOT A THEFT SYSTEM. It's easier to push a button than to turn a key sorry again MO

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2008
  16. tbeeghly

tbeeghly New Member

The keyed killswitch will look awesome, my Whizzer had one, it added some motorcycle style to it. Get one, Jon.

17. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

just bought 2 last night!, like i said earlier, if ur friends/little bro takes ur bike alot, u just take the key out! will work great when im at the park and stuff, i just leave it sit and keep an eye on it, and then when they try to start it theyle tire themselves out and i can hold them down for the cops to come! my only worry is that my key vibrates out. i might mod it where i can take my key out either way.

18. Tell me how they work out.

19. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

i put it on, and it works great! i was thinkin of mounting uit under the seat, but then i thought about quick kill. so i am gonna get a project box from radio shack, and mount to the bars.