i get it rumbling feels like it tuggs once then jus rumbling PLEASe help

Nightriderthehoff

Local time
11:48 AM
:cool:please help any suggestions i get peddling i let got clutch and it rumbles well and feels like it tuggs once or fires once then just contunies to rumble usely it would just start right up . i got the right mixture tried with out kill switch with throtle down(open) and up(shut) replacement spark plug the kit came with sky hawk gt5 80cc and with all that tried i still cant pin point the prob im guessing its the cdi or magneto i want opinions befor i switch them out :bowdown: Is ther a way to test if the magneto works? all suggestions are aprieated i suck at spelling but Thank you :helmet:

Check for fire from the spark plug...
Remove plug, ground to engine, spin engine over by spinning the rear tire over either by hand or as you would start it. Mag resistance should be in the range of 300 to 400 ohms.

is the gas shut off valve open? fuel filter plugged up? kinks in the fuel line? float in the carb stuck?
check for spark first...you should have a constant, strong spark at the end of the spark plug when you do what al said to check for spark.
if you have good, strong constant spark, then you more than likely have a fuel problem or a REALLY bad air leak...possibly a bad head gasket.
is this engine brand new, or has it been ran before?
check your wiring connections and get rid of the snap together wire connectors. solder all wire connections and cover them with heat shrink or black electrical tape.
make sure the white wire coming from the engine is not touching anything and is cut off clean and covered with heat shrink or black electrical tape. make sure no wires have rubbed through or broken insulation. make sure no bare wires are touching the frame or the engine.
if you have anything hooked to the white wire, disconnect it and try to run the engine.

Last edited:
thank you the engine is a month old and has worked amazinginly with no issues what had happend is i got a flat tire fixed it the same day it was working fine as soon as inertube is changed it doesnt want to start thank you for your time your bike is siccckkkk

Have you tried Al.Fisherman's suggestion yet?
Remove the spark plug from the cylinder head.
Check the gap between the center electrode and ground electrode. It should be 0.25" to 0.30".
Keep the spark plug connected to the spark plug wire and tape it down to the cylinder head if necessary.
Go pedal around in the dark of night while letting the engine crank over. You should see a strong blue spark from the spark plug.

If that works we'll move on to the next possibility. If it does not work we'll work it out.

hello every one i finaliy replaced the spark plug , cdi and magneto and nothing still same results jus rumbleing doesnt sound like its burning i m out of sulotions so if any one has any opinions i would greatly appriete

Back