i get it rumbling feels like it tuggs once then jus rumbling PLEASe help

The base has to be grounded. If tape is not a option for you take some wire, like single strand 16-2wg etc (house wire it's stiff, the kind in the walls) the portion that is to be used on the plug and engine, remove insulation , and wrap around the plug, just under the hex portion, take the other end and ground (wrap) somewhere like the engine mount, under a case screw etc....

Last edited:
happy to report that there is a spark so electrical is working fine ill use today to try to get is started i ran it with the spark pug out six a.m. and i could see a brite blue constant spark so im going to try to get it going to today ill let every one know

if you have spark now, it should run UNLESS your magneto magnet is on backwards. this would throw the timing out 180 degrees so it would be firing on the wrong stroke.
another thing to verify is to make sure that there is gas getting into the carb bowl. make sure your float is not stuck up. this would cause the needle and seat to remain closed, not allowing any gas to get into the bowl.
if i were you, i would spray a shot of starting fluid into the carb and then try to start it.
if it fires, then you have a fuel problem.
if it does not fire, then your timing is off.
another thing could be a head gasket problem which would cause no compression and the engine will not run.

You cannot touch the float unless you have the carburetor taken apart.
What part are you referring to when you say "float".

If the carburetor is overfilled with fuel, it would be flooding. Fuel dribbling out of the air cleaner, assuming that your carburetor is mounted so it is sitting flat and level as it ought to be.

I'm betting that he is referring to the primer button on the side of the carb when he said "float".
if the primer button is hard to push, then something is wrong inside the carb. That primer button should be easy to push weather the float bowl is full or empty. if in fact you are referring to the primer button when you said "float".
if your float bowl is full of fuel, then fuel should be getting into the engine. but if your float (inside the float bowl) is stuck in the up position, and the float bowl is empty, the needle & seat would be closed (as if the float bowl were full of fuel) and no fuel would flow into the float bowl, and no fuel would get into the cylinder.
if your float were stuck down, your carb would be leaking fuel all over the place because the needle & seat would be open (as if the float bowl were empty) and fuel would be flowing into the carb all the time causing it to come out of the overflow tube, and possible out the back of the carb. Fuel would work it's way up through the main jet, past the slide needle and start leaking out the back of the carb.

I really think you have something simple going on here, and i am betting that it's a fuel related problem. My guess is that no fuel is getting into the engine at all, and that's why i suggested spraying a SMALL shot of starting fluid in the back of the carb and try to start it.
Like i said before, if it fires on starting fluid, then you have a fuel problem.

i put straight gasoline on the air filter sponge to see if it would start and it just kiked alittle more than useal but did not start

Back