i got a clutch question

wbuttry

Local time
4:23 AM
ok how do you know when you got clutch adjusted rite i adjusted my clutch cause it was starting to get resistance when disengaged like the clutch was partialy engageing i half to hold the clutch release all the way in to get it to release all the way so it will roll freely what do i need to do to remedy the situation i would like to fix it rite please help i searched and didnt find any answers about my perdicerment ...............:confused:

All I do is lock the clutch and open the flywheel cover to adjust the clutch plate to where I can roll it without it burning out on the pads.

what you mean lock it in with the pin on the clutch handle then adjust till it will roll freely is the roll freely with all the tention off the clutch or with a little friction cause i let to much off it starts slipping some and doesnt go like it does the other way lot slower like i was saying the way it is now i hold the clutch all the way in to pedal freely and when i release it i notice a big increase in speed than before

I forgot something!

Take a look at the clutch's camshaft, and adjust that lever with the clutch cable to be PERFECTLY flat against the guide pin. This will ensure that the plate is being pushed the furthest away from the lowest position, giving you optimal clutch engagement, as well as disengagement.

If that doesn't do it, I'd order some new clutch pads/pucks.

Here's a cut-n-paste of the whole procedure that I laid out awhile back.
I hope that it can help you out.

How to adjust cable:
1. Loosen the lock screw in the brass cable end until the cable can slide through it. Do not remove the brass cable end from the cable.
2. While keeping the brass cable end in the cable hole on the tip of the clutch release arm , grab a hold of the end of the cable with pliers and pull the cable through the brass cable end until the cable is tight.
3. Swing the release arm (with the brass cable end still in the tip of it) inwards towards the carburetor until it stops swinging. Do not forget to keep pulling the cable through the brass cable end as you are doing this.
4. While holding the cable relatively tight and keeping the brass cable end in hole at the tip of the release arm, and the release arm rotated fully towards the carburetor, tighten the lock screw in the brass end.
The cable strand between the cable housing stop thing on the top of the engine case and the release arm should almost be in a straight line now.
You should barely be able to wiggle it. It should not be as tight as a piano wire though.
About 1/32" freeplay.

Adjusting the clutch:
1. Adjust clutch cable so there is only a little bit of slack, about 1/32", in the inner wire when the hand lever is released all the way out.
2. Remove gear case cover from right side of engine.
3. Remove lock screw from clutch outer plate. It's the little screw that fits into the notches on the edge of the center nut (called a flower nut).
4. Squeeze in clutch hand lever until it touches the hand grip. Hold it in with the lock button or some tape or a piece of wire, zip-ty, ect.
5. While pushing in on the outer clutch plate with one hand, tighten the flower nut until snug, just using your fingertips. Do not use pliers, ect.
6. Unscrew flower nut 1/2 to 1 turn out, aligning a notch on the flower nut with the hole in the outer clutch plate that the lock screw goes into.
7. Install lock screw but don't tighten it just yet.
8. Remove tape or wire from hand lever and let it release all the way out.
9. Tighten lock screw for flower nut.
10. Adjust clutch cable if necessary to give just a little free play to the inner cable when the hand lever is all the way out. You should be able to wiggle the clutch release arm a little.
11. Install gear case cover and test ride. Every clutch is a little different.
You may have to fine tune the adjustment of the flower nut by a few notches.

thank you all very much that helps alot i gotta get ready for evacuation if the flood waters get any closer they are getting ready to blow some leeve's around our area to relieve pressure from the mighty missippi river they are gonna flood 130 thousand acres to relieve pressure off the river or a couple ill towns will be flooded i hope they know what they are doing cause you release a torrent of water moving that fast it isnt gonna stop at the top of a leeve it's gonna go over that leeve or through it .

Oh wow man! I have been reading about that and how they want a court order to stop the Army Corps. of Engineers from blowing hole in the levee.
I wish you the best of fortune in whatever the outcome of that happens to be.

Back